Servicenow Developer / Analyst
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year and has category leadership across deeply loved content genres around the world. Available in 220 countries and territories and nearly 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens, including TV Everywhere products such as the GO portfolio of apps and Discovery Kids Play; direct-to-consumer streaming services such as Eurosport Player and Motor Trend OnDemand; digital-first and social content from Group Nine Media and a strategic alliance with the PGA Tour to create the Global Home of Golf. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
About The Role
The ServiceNow Developer/Analyst responsibilities will include designing, developing, and configuring solutions within our ServiceNow environment. The position requires the candidate to work closely with key client stakeholders and technology leaders.
1. Drive the improvement of our ServiceNow implementation and service offerings based on user feedback.
2. Design, build, test and maintain ServiceNow technology solutions to meet business needs.
3. Create and maintain Service Portal sites and content.
4. Design and develop software configurations and customizations including, but not limited to: screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, integration, custom scripting and third-party software integrations
5. Administer/maintain API and data integration processes between ServiceNow and other services.
6. Manage data with tables and CMDB as well as manage data with import sets and update sets
7. Create templates and views specific to customer needs
8. Create Scheduled jobs for system maintenance
9. Troubleshoot and support ServiceNow modules and components
10. Analyze requirements, identify efficiencies and recommend best practices centered around simplicity and supportability.
11. Implement out-of-the-box solutions to the extent possible in coordination with partner teams
What you need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, related discipline or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 3 years of experience as ServiceNow developer
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills across a diverse group of internal and external colleagues and consultants
* Strong ServiceNow configuration and development skills.
* Solid understanding of the ITIL framework and all phases of the service lifecycle.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to demonstrate influence in a consultative style with stakeholders and other team members
* Knowledge of out-of-the-box ServiceNow modules and ServiceNow Platform features
* Experience with development and implementation of ServiceNow ITSM modules
* Experience with Business Rules, Script Includes, UI Actions, Scheduled Jobs - all scripted aspects of the ServiceNow system
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It’s a plus if you have:
* Experience with process design and ServiceNow Configuration module
* Exposure to ServiceNow platform capabilities and tools like Discovery, Orchestration, and GRC.
* Experience with scoped apps, such as HR Management or Security Incident Response.
* System integration experience using web services and other web based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
* ServiceNow Certified Application Developer or other ServiceNow certification is a plus.
Knoxville, Tenessee, KX, TN