Senior Manager - Ad Sales Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager of Integrated Ad Sales Marketing & Partnerships will develop and execute custom promotions to support the overall Sales and Marketing strategy for both linear and digital Sales teams. Responsible for positioning Discovery as a leading brand in the advertising market and overall landscape. This role with work across the portfolio on Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network. This position will also work across Sales categories with a focus on Studio, Auto, Tech, Travel & Finance.
1. Work closely with network teams and business partners to build custom linear and digitals proposals in response to RFPs and Upfront commitment.
2. Lead execution of custom promotions with necessary teams (production, commercial operations, business affairs/legal etc.).
3. Manage all client communication regarding promotions as well as present marketing proposals to clients and manage feedback accordingly.
4. Project management as it relates to tracking budgets, deliverables, commercial operations, billing and entire life cycle of promotion.
5. Proactively develop solutions for Upfront and Scatter negotiations.
* 7 years of experience in integrated marketing on either the media owner or agency side
* Must have strong interpersonal skills
* Must have strong sales story-telling and creative skills
* Exceptional organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects with ever-changing time lines
* Ability to work in a fluid, high demand environment across multiple time zones
* Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to manage expectations of internal and external customers with strong sense of urgency
* Excellent presentation skills
* Extraordinarily high skill level in PC usage and MS Office, including PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Excel; knowledge of CustomShow a plus
* Research background a plus
* Experience working as a member of a cross-functional team
* Deep understanding of digital and linear advertising, and the agency/client/publisher relationship
*Awareness of and ability to track trends in the market place
* College Degree required
* Experience with and understanding of online ad serving technology a plus
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Los Angeles, California, LA, CA