Senior Director, Content Accounting
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
The Global Process Owner and Service Delivery Lead, Content Accounting Operations will be responsible for the following support:
1. Assume global accountability for end-to-end process execution for global content accounting.
2. Guide integration and transition of legacy Discovery and legacy Scripps Networks content accounting groups into the new Company. Serve as subject matter expert for existing systems and processes throughout integration effort.
3. Develop future state Content Accounting Governance and Workflow. Developing processes, approval workflows, capitalization procedures, impairment requirements and content share considerations with service delivery leads and customers. Embed proper controls and support for operational and financial compliance evaluations.
4. Participate in content technology solution decisions (CAMP vs SAP ECC/FAD/Hive) for streamlined delivery across the enterprise. Be involved in the testing and sign-off off system migrations and integrations.
5. Lead and manage the month end accounting close in compliance with Discovery policies and US GAAP.
6. Align Content Accounting processes and technologies across GBS locations.
7. Drive Content Accounting processes efficiencies across GBS locations.
8. Provide training as necessary on Content Accounting processes and technologies.
9. Once the process is developed and implemented, establish and lead on-going process governance for Content Accounting processes in GBS, including but not limited to appropriate KPI’s, SLA’s and other metrics.
10. Identify areas for coordination and reconcile gaps across content accounting group and its stakeholders.
11. Serve as a business partner with Global Content Finance and Operations team to ensure accounting information is accurate, consistent and available for content reporting and analyses.
12. Assist in development, implementation and continual evaluation of key control activities. Ensure controls are operating effectively and processes are performed in accordance with established controls.
13. Assist Content Accounting Service Delivery leads, as well as internal and external audit, on complex accounting requests.
14. Close partnership and working relationship to Content Accounting and Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting to align on non-standard accounting matters
* BS/BA in Accounting from an accredited institution
* Minimum of 8 years of related experience, including experience in a supervisory or lead role
* CPA designation
* Knowledge of GAAP and SOX
* Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate team
* Ability to coach team to deliver on expected deadlines
* Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
* Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
* Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
* Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
It’s a plus if you have:
* Experience managing international accounting work
* Media Industry experience
* Proficient working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint, MS Outlook.
* Experience with Hyperion, SAP and PeopleSoft a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Senior Accounting Director in Knoxville, TN to join our Global Business Services team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.