Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
This role establishes and maintains accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, prepares financial reports and safeguards the organization's assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports.
1.Perform month end responsibilities including pre-close processes, journal entries and post-close routines
2. Prepare, review and input journal entries (including accruals)
3. Review invoices over $100K
4. Track, record and analyze investment activity
5. Book entries for all intercompany corporate funding
6. Review all intercompany accounts for consolidation at quarter end
7. Account for complex intercompany loans
8. Prepare entries and budget for intercompany interest
9. Prepare monthly/quarterly account reconciliations
11. Prepare quarterly reports and schedules
12. Prepare quarterly roll forward schedules
13. Preparation of footnotes for 10Q and 10K
14. Prepare management reports including applicable revenue-related metrics and kpi’s.
15. Develop a close working partnership with the Finance, Regional Controllers and Operational teams. 16. Proactively learn the business and upstream processes to ensure proper Accounting
17. Work directly with international team on allocations, revaluations and translations
18. Assist in preparation of procedural documentation as appropriate
19. Assist with the maintenance and updating of internal controls for the contract to cash cycle and the related internal control compliance process.
20. Assist internal and external audit in their audit evaluation processes as requested.
21. Respond to inquiries in a timely, well thought out manner
* BS in Accounting and 2-5 years of experience in related field
* CPA required.
* Experience with large ERP system (SAP preferred), strong in Excel and PC skills
* Applies fundamental functional/technical and business knowledge typically gained through formal education to deliver assigned work
* Results oriented, strong attention to detail a must
* Seeks guidance on new or unfamiliar tasks
* Keeps others informed of workload, timeline, and resources needed to accomplish tasks
* Ability to work under conditions of pressure and adjust to urgent situations
* Ability to work independently as well as working collaboratively with team members across the organization and prioritize multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
* Attention to detail and accuracy as well as strong organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to foster positive working relationships across the organization
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Senior Accountant, other Revenue Accounting in Knoxville, TN to join our Global Business Services (''GBS'') team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.