Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
It takes an army of incredibly talented and passionate individuals to make and distribute amazing content, and that’s where we come in! Discovery’s talent acquisition team seeks to drive our business forward by attracting some the best talent the industry has to offer. We pride ourselves on hiring recruiters who are absolute experts at what they do. Passionate, with a keen eye for talent, well networked and naturally curious… always up to date on industry innovations. If this sounds like you, keep reading.
As you can imagine, you’ll need to be pretty awesome… proactive, solution orientated, creative and able to think and learn quickly. This is an ever-evolving space and the ability to be agile and pivot at short notice is critical.
You’ll be responsible for hiring top technology and media operations talent across Discovery’s Global Technology and Operations business (GT&O) up to VP level.
This role serves as key business partner to hiring managers and HR across GT&O in ensuring best in class attraction, sourcing, assessment, selection and on boarding of candidates and ensuring Discovery continues to be viewed as an ‘Employer of Choice’ within the industry.
1. Leveraging creative and innovative recruiting techniques to engage and excite top tier talent.
2. Working closely with the business and HR team to understand the growth and evolution plans of the GT&O organization and proactively develop talent pipelines for key and recurring roles across the business.
3. Providing the business with market intelligence on evolutions in the space, including compensation, hiring practices, selection tools etc.
4. Strategically promote Discovery’s employer brand
5. Ensure a quality, cost effective and timely level of service to the business
6. Deliver an excellent end-to-end customer experience for both candidates and hiring managers.
7. Managing and tracking cost/spend for the GT&O business
8. Ensuring the applicant tracking system is fully up to date to allow for effective reporting to the business.
9. Working on a variety of ad hoc projects dependent upon business needs and priorities.
* Extensive experience recruiting within Technology and IT either within a recruiting agency or in-house.
* Customer-centric and proactive approach to engage the highest caliber individuals to become part of the GT&O success story.
* Evidence of successful direct sourcing.
* Competency based interviewing & assessment skills (both design and implementation).
* Ability to develop relationships at all levels.
* Able to influence and develop true partnerships with HR and managers quickly and effectively.
* A proven ability to influence.
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong planning and organization skills.
* Team player, willing to contribute and support others.
* High level of attention to detail.
* Creative approach to problem solving and desire ‘to make things better’.
* Ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities
* Ability to influence and challenge.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe. More about us here.