Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Publicity Coordinator will provide ongoing support for Discovery publicity team in the form of research, materials development and distribution, as well as assisting with the coordination of press kits, premiums, interviews and other communications tools.
1. Provide ongoing support for Vice President of Publicity and Director of Publicity
2. Write and edit press materials and manage the flow of this information to members of the press, as well as key internal groups.
3. Work closely with digital editor to identify and pull digital clips to pitch/distribute to key media outlets.
4. Gather and organize publicity stills on behalf of projects and service to press as needed.
5. Create specialized media lists for campaigns.
6. Manage network information on the Discovery Press Web, and act as liaison with corporate communications for all internal web postings.
7. Assist with creation of clip reports; track, compile and circulate press clip packets to appropriate internal clients and external stakeholders
8. Create and maintain core and vertical media lists for program publicity campaigns to ensure accuracy for internal publicity use.
9. Conduct morning searches for the day’s top news on the network and competitors.
10. Support Vice President and Director of Publicity on publicity campaigns. Fulfill media requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
11. Liaison with Awards team on various film festival, and other like events that Discovery Channel is supporting and/or content is being featured.
12. Execute administrative tasks including materials fulfillment, executive travel and expenses, talent travel, mailings, billing and invoicing, scheduling meetings, information gathering and distribution.
13. Open and available to work nights and weekends for network events.
* Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
* 1-2 years publicity or media experience a plus.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Position requires a self-starter with initiative and ability to effectively coordinate multiple assignments and projects.
* Video editing knowledge a plus
* Attention to detail
* Social media savvy
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY