Discovery CommunicationsMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Collaborate in the scheduling of Discovery Family Channel, inputting and updating the schedules in Broadview and maintaining content information in various systems/databases as well as Excel documents. Assist in securing content borrows from sister networks. Manage internal department requests for programming information.
1. Prepare monthly schedule in Broadview as well as Primetime and 24-hour grids in Excel for Discovery Family Channel in a timely manner
2. Responsible for inputting schedule, making changes and updating program information in multiple databases
3. Working closely with Media Logistics and Commercial Operations, responsible for tracking and applying break formats to all content and scheduling the correct versions.
4. Compile and distribute weekly email with the most current schedule information
5. Independently create schedule for non-prime hours on weekdays and weekends, making recommendations to and collaborating with the Director for strategy change when needed
6. Present ideas for stunts and franchises on a monthly and quarterly basis for linear as well as non-linear platforms
7. Become an inventory expert
8. Update document for tracking programming borrows to ease in the creation of stunts and monthly schedules
9. Create monthly programming highlights and distribute to key departments
1. Working with Standards and Practices team, enter Parental Ratings for all network programming into database
1. Work with Research to track performance and identify trends
2. Use information to provide stunt ideas, strategy suggestions/changes based on findings
3. Cultivate strong relationships and partnerships with Media Logistics, Commercial Operations, Standards and Practices, Marketing, Research and JV Partner, Hasbro
4. Proactively communicate issues and status of schedules
5. Maintain, post, and circulate all internal programming documents such as grids and monthly highlights – keeping them updated and communicating changes
6. Act as liaison and back-up for the Director with internal departments as well as NYC, Los Angeles, Silver Spring, Knoxville offices and Hasbro regarding program information requests, issues, etc.
7. Enter and update all program information in PDS, HIVE and Broadview as needed
8. Required to become expert in these systems
9. Independently pull and distribute monthly Hasbro, Studio and KidVid reports
10. Other projects and responsibilities upon request
* Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience required.
* 2-3 years previous television programming experience preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Must possess both strategic/analytical and creative sensibilities
* Must have a hunger for career growth and challenge, as well as keen eye for detail
* Must be a team player and strong partner
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Miami, Florida, MIA, FL