Programmatic Solutions Analyst
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Digital Programmatic Yield, the Programmatic Solutions Analyst will play a pivotal role in contributing to Discovery’s overall programmatic revenue growth, leveraging pricing and inventory to influence business strategies to maximize opportunities. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic self-starter with excellent communication and problem-solving skills, the ability to think strategically while remaining detail oriented, brings simplicity to complex issues, and has a passion for working in a fast-paced and rewarding environment. In this cross functional role, the Programmatic Solutions Analyst will work closely with Ad Sales, Inventory/Planning, Ad Technology/Operations and other external vendors to ensure targets are being met and risks are known at the time of impact. The candidate will have a background in digital video, familiarity with programmatic marketplaces and auction dynamics, and knowledge of streaming technologies and TV-like ecosystems.
1. Oversee day-to-day programmatic monetization of Discovery’s TV Everywhere assets, with key focus on inventory utilization, yield management, and revenue pacing
2. Distribute data and insights via regular and ad-hoc reporting to executive leadership with clear written explanations of performance metrics and other key operational drivers for the business
3. Responsible for reporting and tracking of revenue across programmatic deals and channels
4. Work closely with broader inventory and yield team to maximize inventory and revenue opportunities across Discovery’s digital portfolio
5. Assist in the monthly Programmatic revenue close process
6. Build strategic relationships with key decision makers at agency trading desks, DSP's, exchanges, etc.
7. Liaise with multiple business areas (Ad Tech, Ad Operations, Finance, Ad Sales, Accounting) to define best practices, priorities and needs to optimize programmatic channels—present actionable recommendations and strategic proposals for full transparency
8. Keep up to date on industry trends and make tactical recommendations to maintain our company's reputation as a thought leader in the digital space.
* 2-3 years experience in digital advertising; background in Ad Operations/Yield Management with video platform experience preferred
* Experience working with SSPs/DSPs and programmatic marketplace
* Experience with video ad serving platforms, Freewheel preferred
* Strong background with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY