Production Manager - Talent
Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Provide strategic oversight and continuity for all Talent payments across DCI globally, including establishing, managing and communicating Standard Operating Procedures to ensure timely, accurate, consistent, efficient and effective payments, and service Talent relationships through on-time payments and the ability to quickly resolve payment inquiries.
Partner with Finance to inform and shape global finance policies from the Talent point of view to maintain strong relationships and nuances of working with Talent, and comply with regulatory and policy decisions, and offer proactive solutions and process improvement.
Generate ideas, develop, program, and manage technology systems solutions to improve accuracy, effectiveness and efficiencies of reporting and knowledge management for Global Talent Management & Operations team and its clients.
Manage insurance questions for events featuring Talent with external vendor for requested events and scenarios outside of production and travel.
Customer Service: Represent as primary point of contact for all internal and external Talent payment inquires, fielding, managing and resolving inquiries
1. Communicate directly and manage inquires with Talent and their representatives about outstanding payment inquiries in a solution, customer service manner
2. Communicate and manage Talent payment inquires from across DCI globally
3. Identify common trends and propose solutions as centralized source for talent payment questions
4. Liaise with Accounts Payable and research SAP payment system data, where necessary
5. Support Global Talent Management & Operations team in processing relevant Talent payments
Client Management: Manage relationships globally with all internal clients related to Talent payments to ensure best practice management, client services, and communication, including, including those departments charged with directly processing Talent payments for:
1. Production: PMD
2. Royalties: Compliance/Royalties
3. Ad Sales Integration and Marketing, Appearances, Per Diem (Direct process & guide for Communications & Marketing), Reimbursements, Education (non-content), etc.:
4. Voice-Overs: Casting & Development
5. Syndication, Awards (Emmys), Ratings Bonuses, Holding Deals, Retainers, Blogs, etc.: Network CFO
6. Background checks: Business Affairs
Project Management: Develop/collaborate, manage and communicate Standard Operating Procedures to ensure timely, accurate, consistent, efficient and effective processing of payments
1. Develop/collaborate and communicate SOP with Shared Services
2. Offer ideas to continuously improve SOP, balancing compliance requirements and customer service
3. Manage insurance questions for events featuring Talent with external vendor for requested events and scenarios outside of production and travel.
Systems Thinking: Create, develop and manage centralize tracking systems for all Talent/Talent Vendors and applicable payments to
1. Document when Talent receives payments & for what service
2. Identify terms for all Non-Production/Non-Royalties Payments for clear tracking
3. Centralize key payment terms & triggers
4. Provide insight on all payments related to a Talent (vs. SAP vendor)
5. Manage oversight and problem solve with Levante, Discovery’s vendor management system, for all Talent needs
Communications: Streamline communications across functional teams
1. Identify key stakeholders for regular and special communications
2. Draft/co-develop user-friendly day to day and SOP communications
3. Direct all vendor set-up/change requests
4. Manage maintenance and documentation via Talent Log of available Talent/vendor numbers and addresses/alternate addresses
5. Ensures correct vendor/address used for specific Talent payment
6. Alert Compliance to contracts requiring royalties payments
7. Receive notification from Talent Business & Legal Affairs of all Talent Contracts and Amendments
Policy: Partner with Finance to inform and shape global finance policies from the Talent point of view to maintain strong relationships and nuances of working with Talent, and comply with regulatory and policy decisions, and offer proactive solutions and process improvement.
1. Apply insights and learnings of working with Talent to Finance to inform impact and consequences – intended and unintended – for the overall success of new policies or processes
2. Engage and invite clients’ input and outline process and strategy to implement new policies with Finance
Technology: Generate ideas, develop, program, and manage technology systems solutions to improve accuracy, effectiveness and efficiencies of reporting and knowledge management for Global Talent Management & Operations team and its clients.
1. Engineer and manage design, implementation and maintenance of Strategic Talent And Client Intelligence (STACI) knowledge management system for Talent globally
2. Leverage STACI for non-Talent needs, including Corporate and Production needs
3. Develop and improve reporting of key data to drive and inform ratings, revenue, renewals, relationships and deals
Management: Manage full time employee and contractor(s) to understand role and responsibilities, support success and development, and hold accountable for results.
* A minimum of 3 years of project management and/or operations experience
* College degree required
* Independent, creative & systems thinker
* Collaborative team player
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Customer service oriented
* Client service environment
* Detailed & process oriented
* Discrete and protect highly sensitive/ confidential information
* Project management experience
* Solutions oriented problem solver
* Familiar with financial management
* Strong MS Outlook and MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Word and Excel), SAP,
* Relocation will not be offered for this role.
* Legal right to work in the US.
Los Angeles, California, LA, CA