Discovery CommunicationsCharlotte, NC
Full Time Job
What are we looking for?
The Discovery Education CEP team seeks an energetic, self-starter, and organized Video and Events Production Coordinator, responsible for the operational duties involved with scheduling and delivering CEP video assets and event needs. Video asset types include training videos, career profiles, virtual field trips, marketing and social promotional videos. Event types range from student and school winner events, to webinars and meetings, career videos, to our larger nationally-recognized competitions and virtual field trips. Video work can be both on-location and in-studio.
1. Support process to develop project scope and budget parameters
2. Contribute to RFP and scope documents, review and insure alignment with client requests and contracted deliverables
3. Review and research new video assets, review and analyze pricing and planning tasks
4. Update budget tracking tools and reports as needed
5. Keep in mind video needs for CEP, K-12, and International needs to support all areas of DE when scoping video production work
6. Maintain and update video project schedules:
7. Update project managers with key timing and deliverable updates
8. Communicate with account teams on any schedule impacts or updates, and work to resolve and scheduling conflicts
9. Support Writer/Producer/Editor team:
10. Support pre-production call preparation and follow up communication to account teams, and clients as needed
11. Organize and ingest footage from live shoots, events, etc.
12. Research and obtain stock footage/images, library music
13. Assist with sourcing voice overs and on-camera talent, as well as any graphics and animation resources
14. Post rough cut and fine cut versions for internal and external client review
a. Aggregate feedback and comments for editor
15. Coordinate deliverables, including overseeing captioning, transcription and translation projects
16. Obtain and archive production releases
17. Screen and QC final video projects and deliverables
18. Insure on-time delivery to platform, internal, and external clients
19. Editing and Production
20. Participate on location with live video and event shoots,
21. Support Video and Events Hub Team and crew with location and shoot needs (releases, gear, set up, break down, footage transfer, selects, etc.)
22. Create lifts of selects from shoot footage for Press/PR, Marketing and Social needs
23. Edit video assets, such as marketing and social videos, training videos, and merchandising videos
24. Manage Vendor and Independent Contractor (IC) resources when needed
25. Responsible for managing video vendor and independent contractor onboarding
26. Oversee and track vetting and contract process
27. Keep vendor details updated for team
28. Support new vendor research and outreach efforts across multiple disciplines, including but not limited to: Writer/producers, editors, crews, voice over, graphics and animation, creative agencies
29. Support Event team with booking video and crew needs
30. Manage Vendor, IC invoice processing, tracking and reporting
31. Establish and communicate purchase orders to vendors and ICs
32. Keep IC and vendor invoices current
33. Update related budget documents and trackers, keep budget stakeholders apprised of updates
34. Respond to vendor payment update requests
35. Other video and event support tasks as needed
* Passionate about Discovery Education's vision to transform teaching and learning
* Minimum 3-years’ experience in the entertainment industry, post production or digital media
* Bachelor Degree in Communications, TV & Film, Broadcast Operations, Advertising/Marketing Operations, or similar field
* Strong knowledge of digital formats, experience with Mac office suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, knowledge of project management tools, such as Smartsheet, a plus
* Proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (AfterEffects) a plus
* Self-starter who follows through on tight deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously, uncompromising attention to detail, strong organizational and time-management skills
* Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
* Demonstrate exceptional leadership; strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency, flawless organization skills, and ability to inspire others to act and fulfill Discovery Education’s mission
* Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Team builder, not turf builder
* The courage and confidence to work hard and with passion; committed to getting the job done; sustain effort in the face of adversity. Maintain consistency and focus over time with a positive “never give up” attitude
* The ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach
* Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations
* Because we all need to laugh sometimes
* Experience creating polished written presentations and reports, proficiency in presentation design (Keynote or PowerPoint), Microsoft Word and Outlook, Social Media, etc. Experience with graphic design software a plus
* Candidates must be willing to travel 30-60% of the time to meet with partners, customers, or internal meetings.
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Legal right to work in the United States
Charlotte, North Carolina, NC
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Who are we?
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving 4.5 million educators and over 50 million students, Discovery Education’s services are in half of U.S. classrooms, 50 percent of all primary schools in the U.K., and more than 50 countries.
Discovery Education’s Corporate Education Partnerships (“CEP”) team is mission-driven and drives the organization’s public/private partnerships, collaborating across all sectors with like-minded organizations to support critical needs in the K-12 universe in order to drive youth achievement. The output of these partnerships includes cause marketing initiatives, workforce development solutions, and support for K-12 school service distribution in schools nationwide. We believe that access to dynamic learning experiences should not be dependent upon a student’s zip code and are committed to the transformation of teaching and learning in order to drive student achievement.
Explore the future of education at our website.