Production Coordinator, Digital
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery Inc is currently looking for a Production Coordinator, Digital based in our Chelsea Market office in New York City.
1. Work closely with Production Manager, Editorial, Social and Video Producers to manage delivery and scheduling of video assets from linear production companies
2. On-boarding 3rd Party Production Companies for digital originals and companion content
3. Track video delivery schedule across brands and clearly communicate anticipated and unanticipated problems and assist in trouble-shooting and help resolve.
4. Process delivered videos - requesting metadata and images and publishing to platform based on programming strategy
5. Support Production Manager in logistical planning, budgeting, and administrative upkeep including reviewing and negotiating budgets, schedules and deliverables lists for both internal and external productions
6. Coordinate available space and manage the team internal shoot schedule
7. Draft, maintain and request contracts and paperwork for external and internal productions, including, but not limited to Independent Contractor Agreements, Release Forms, Location Agreements, etc.
8. Coordinate and support internal shoots - in studio and in the field (draft call sheets, draft schedules, coordinate crew meals, etc.)
9. Process & track project invoices
10. Maintain department project files and hard drives
11. Work closely with content editors, producers and video operations to find efficiencies
12. Establish and maintain relationships with Creative Team, Video Operations Team, Editorial Team and Social Team.
13. Maintain Production Company and Freelancer contact sheets for department.
14. Work with Production Management team to maximize resources and find efficiencies.
15. Assist team on ad-hoc assignments
16. Maintain Digital Video Production Handbook and Producer Checklists
* You have 2 years of experience in digital video programming and production with Bachelor’s degree in production, communications, marketing or a related field strongly desired.
* You are a self-starter and strong teammate who can work independently and responsibly.
* You monitor timelines and adjust work as needed to achieve incredible success.
* You are a strong spoken/written communicator with the ability to develop creative, clear, and concise storytelling for a variety of audiences
* You have excellent organizational and time management skills and rock at managing multiple assignments at once.
* You're just as passionate as we are about our brands
* Experience in Premiere (video codecs and platforms), Adobe Suite, Excel, Sharepoint and Content Management Systems is a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY