Product Marketing Manager, Content / Professional Learning
Discovery CommunicationsCharlotte, NC
Full Time Job
The Product Marketing Manager Content and Professional Learning will oversee the development and deployment of strategic marketing content to be used across all phases of the customer journey in addition to overseeing product marketing for professional learning. To build professional learning plans the product manager will employ market research, customer segmentation, market assessment, pricing, Voice of the Customer, product portfolio management, competitive positioning, brand continuity, and new product development.
This individual will be a leader required to think strategically, solve problems, implement effectively, and work cross-functionally with effective leadership and communication.
1. Oversee the development and deployment of strategic marketing content to be used across all phases of the customer journey including white papers, partner success stories and spotlights. Ensure content is appropriate for different environments including thought leadership, email, digital, social.
2. Identify thought leaders and thought leadership content that are relevant to the needs of districts and educators and position Discovery Education as leader in the category while building demand and a pipeline of potential customers
3. Create, manage, and execute strategic and comprehensive planning, applying customer research, competitive analysis, and product enhancement recommendations applied to the development of Professional Learning Marketing plans. Working closely with Product Partnership Sales teams, this person will be the voice of the customer.
4. Utilize market insights to develop unique product positioning and messaging that addresses the needs of educators and districts
5. Develop and execute strategic marketing plans and tactical plans for selling professional learning services
6. Create clearly defined launch strategies and timelines along with communications plans in partnership with other functions and team
7. Collaborate with marketing team members to build sales enablement, digital marketing materials for professional learning services.
8. Collaborate within marketing, sales, and product development to bring the voice of the customer to product and marketing plans
9. Ensure revenue goals are met through consistent monitoring of success factors. Utilize data to make and drive decisions
10. Track, measure, analyze and refine product marketing activities and effectiveness.
11. Work collaboratively to manage planning, budgeting,
12. Support Partnership Engagement team and Regional Marketing by providing strategic direction, creative, templates to support professional learning messaging across all phases of the customer journey
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing required
* 5 years successful experience in Content development and Product Marketing or related Marketing functions
* Experience in a fast-growing environment with significant knowledge of developing content plans, integrated marketing campaigns, digital marketing, sales training, and event management required
* Strong ability to lead, work cross-functionally and liaise at all levels of the organization required
* Attention to detail, deadlines and impeccable organization skills required
* Strong presentation and marketing collateral development skills required
* Results oriented work ethic with a sense of urgency.
* A self-starter who is good at assessing new growth opportunities
* Proven track record of successful program implementation and management
* Outstanding oral and written communication to internal and external audiences
* Experience working with sales teams and sales leadership
* Strong analytical, project management, and process skills
* Required travel up to 20%
* Experience with Education industry preferred
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Charlotte, North Carolina, NC
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
About Discovery Education
As the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms worldwide, Discovery Education is transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional learning, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving 4.5 million educators and over 50 million students, Discovery Education’s services are available in approximately half of U.S. classrooms, 50 percent of all primary schools in the UK, and more than 50 countries around the globe. Inspired by the global media company Discovery, Inc., Discovery Education partners with districts, states, and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that increase academic achievement.