Discovery CommunicationsCharlotte, MD
Full Time Job
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Support the development, sales, and partner success of Discovery Education Techbooks across a suite of services in both Adoption and Open Territory States.
1. Help facilitate discussions across Discovery Education to define / revise our vision for what our Techbooks should be and our positioning to capture this opportunity.
2. Lead cross-functional teams from Digital Instruction, Engineering, and strategic vendors to develop and evolve Techbook content and functionality.
3. Partner with our Professional Development, Partner Success, and Customer Support Teams to ensure our Techbooks are meeting existing customer needs.
4. Inform the Partnership Team of product updates, updated demo paths, and projected timelines for new releases.
5. Serve as Product Owner on Scrum team to communicate priorities and ensure team members understand the asks.
6. Ensure that the Techbooks meets the requirements of state specifications documents, accessibility, and Discovery Education’s vision.
7. Ensure that the Techbooks are configured appropriately for each adoption state as well as targeted open territory states.
Adoption Process Support
1. Work with Adoptions Process leads to understand scope of adoption needs.
2. Determine project plan for any content or functionality needed to address state needs and timeline.
1. Translate user and stakeholder needs into detailed requirements.
2. Build and maintain project plans related to the above efforts to ensure smooth and successful project completion.
3. Communicate project status to key stakeholders.
4. Manage stakeholder expectations as it relates to scope, schedule, and new or changing features of the project plan.
1. Assist with the development and management of the Techbook budget.
1. Demonstrate exceptional Techbook product knowledge. Know how to present and sell in the value of Techbook and overcome objections.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards, and their impact on instruction.
3. Maintain an understanding of industry trends, current events, anything that may impact the business by reading professional publications, researching all available prospect/product resources and participating in professional organizations. A Product Manager should be capable of speaking intelligently with a customer about topics/trends that affect the education (i.e. funding, technology, legislation).
4. Maintain an understanding of product competitors and what they are offering in the market.
1. Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
2. Understand new technologies and industry trends and be able to speak to how they impact Discovery Education.
3. Proactively share information with department that you’ve learned in the field to support sales meeting their objectives.
4. Demonstrate a “problem solving- solution oriented” approach.
5. Maintain clear & complete files (ensuring ease of information sharing).
6. Travel approximately 25% of time (with seasonal variations).
* Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience. Degree in Business, Technology or Education preferred.
* 5 years of Product Development experience.
* Must have experience in an Agile environment. Experience in Product Owner role is a plus.
* Experience in digital educational products or basal products highly preferred.
* Experience with instructional materials adoptions highly desired.
* Strong negotiation, interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills required.
* Proficiency and comfort using analytics reporting tools.
* Attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload.
* Ability to work as a team and in a fast-paced environment.
* Candidate must be willing to travel (25%).
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Silver Spring, MD, Maryland, Charlotte, North Carolina, NC