Producer TV Everywhere
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The TV Everywhere Producer is responsible for creating, programming and publishing content for Discovery’s sites and TVE experiences. The TV Everywhere Producer will be responsible for supporting specific shows/networks and also creating/curating long-from packages meant to drive engagement and awareness.
The TV Everywhere Producer will have a creative programming eye coupled with a relentlessly data-driven approach. He or she will represent the TVE team at meetings and work closely with network programming, marketing, social teams to ensure that our sites and TVE experiences extend the brand, communicate a coherent message in sync with network campaigns while providing an online experience that delights users and drives revenue.
1. Develop network/show-specific programming offerings for long and short-form content based on revenue and ratings goals in conjunction with leadership
2. Package long and short-form content for network priorities, seasonal opportunities, and around trending topics.
3. Program promotional areas on apps and sites; work with social, digital, and network marketing teams for effective promotion of content
4. Coordinates with On-Air, digital, and social group on the development and implementation of promotional strategies and commitments for apps and sites
5. Evangelize/Socialize TVE mission and goals to various internal teams including Programming, Marketing, Digital, TV Production, Press, Ad Sales, and Research
6. Track delivery of long-form content to ensure all deadlines are met
7. Publish long and short-form videos using web-based CMS in a deadline driven environment
8. Works in conjunction with matrixed divisional resources (design, product, digital distribution, DML post, and social media)
9. Explores new methods of converging online and TV long-form content and promotional efforts to create seamless experiences for fans of DCI networks.
10. Stays current with latest TVE and OTT products and programming strategies to maintain high level of content/experience that keeps pace with audience expectations -- ensuring that our offerings are living or heading where the audience will eventually be
11. Evaluates content performance on a daily basis, recommending changes when appropriate.
12. Ensures that all content published to TV Everywhere experiences has been cleared legally and meets the standards of the Channel brand
13. Maintain knowledge of program library to thoroughly exploiting the existing library through stunts and packages.
* Bachelors degree in New Media, Journalism, Communication or related field
* 5 year’s experience in online/interactive media, program scheduling or equivalent
* Proficiency with MS Office suite, online tracking/reporting tools (Google Analytics), online content management and publishing systems
* Video programming/production/development experience a plus
* Content curation, content mix development
* Combination of analytic thinking and creative vision
* Comfort with Content Management Systems
* Eye for visual language, content packaging
* Attention to detail; focus
* Willingness to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and share ownership of projects
* Openness to criticism and rapid product evolution; calm under pressure
* Strategic thinking; business acumen
* Savvy in working with executive-level stakeholders
* Ability to multitask; juggle multiple projects and priorities
New York, New York City, NYC, NY