Principal Product Manager
Discovery CommunicationsStockholm, SE
Full Time Job
Principal Product Manager - Tech
Discovery Networks Sweden hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company's mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery's Stockholm Engineering team shipped the core services of Discovery's growing streaming video platform. We are now a hub for a growing global product and engineering group with hundreds of software engineers. We are looking for technically deep, analytical software engineers to join our growing Stockholm team. If your interest lies in building highly scalable container-based services, then this may be the team for you.
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Stockholm DTC Engineering organization builds and owns several of the key services that make up our global platform. Content Editorial Platform is a group of teams in Stockholm and London that build services that drive our UIs through both editorial and algorithmic content curation. The services keep track of the content library and its metadata for all our consumer-facing services and provide the tools and services to make sure the right content is presented for each user in a personalized and engaging manner. Setting up experiments supports a hypothesis based way of working when the outcomes are measured and analyzed, allowing continuous improvements can be made.
We are hiring a Principal Product Manager to join our team in Stockholm and lead product development for Global Payments. You will drive defining, planning, delivering, and operating new features, user experiences, software services, consumer applications, and other software products. Your primary responsibility is to decide what gets built and why. You maintain the operational deck for your feature areas so that all stakeholders have a good view of the production key performance indicators for this area. You engage stakeholders to take in feature suggestions, analyze internal metrics and external information to decide what to build and why. You can prepare documentation describing the largest features in detail.
Expectations & Skills
• You oversee product areas of critical value to the business, setting goals, measuring progress, securing engineering commitments, and overseeing delivery through multiple iterations.
• You are able to act as a representative for your area autonomously. Your decisions are right, far more often than not. Your decisions balance the priorities of short-term and long-term business needs.
• You are able to blend strategic thinking in setting goals with stronger tactical knowledge of how to ensure the right features ship and the right outcomes delivered. You can manage this effectively both hands-off and managing the details directly.
• You are sought out to complete the most complex business and technical analysis, to prepare strategic documents, define new processes, and to identify and define metrics to measure key performance indicators of the business processes, and best practices within your group.
• You are a key influencer in your department's strategy and oversee your department's planning process. Your coaching, mentoring, and management style is able to yield good results even when you are leading through other leaders.
• Your written and verbal communication skills are exemplary, concise and to the point, and you manage stakeholder communication at all levels with ease.
• Domain expertise within publishing platforms, headless CMS applications, search and recommendations, content metadata APIs, experimentation and A/B testing,
• Experience with micro-service based architectures using both asynchronous and synchronous communication schemes like gRPC and Kafka.
• Experience with cloud-based tier-1 services with high demands on availability, resilience, and scalability
Discovery Networks Sweden is the second largest commercial television group in Sweden.
We have Channel 5, Channel 9, Channel 11, Discovery Channel, TLC, Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2, Animal Planet, Discovery World, Discovery Science, Investigation Discovery, Discovery HD, Animal Planet HD as well as the play service, Dplay.
The most recently acquired principal owner, Discovery Communications, also owns the rights to Olympic 2018 - 2024.