Press & Comms Executive
Discovery CommunicationsAmsterdam, NH
Full Time Job
We are looking for a part time Press & Comms Executive (m/f/d) for our Amsterdam Office
• Developing, implementation and evaluation of PR plans for key promotional priorities and local commissions across the Benelux for discovery , Discovery, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Eurosport (NL BE).
• Compose, translate and distribute press releases, and other textual content, optimizing the composition and distribution of textual and visual programme information.
• Manage external agencies, text writers and reps, as well as PR intern.
• Coordinate programme publicity activities and communicate programme information, both externally and internally and through all relevant media.
• Be point of contact for press inquiries (programming and channel level).
• Provide regular analysis and feedback on campaign coverage and media value.
• Be the main contact person for EPG information and make sure that delivery deadlines are met.
• Plan, coordinate and join press trips and hospitality events.
• Ensure integration with marketing, online, on-air and other departments, and be able to assist these teams if and when needed.
• Manage budgets, including po's and ROI analysis of pr investments.
• Be well informed about media and possibilities and developments and function as an internal information hub.
• Education to degree level: PR and communications education, (BA)
• Highly organized and proactive with at least 5 years' experience in a PR role at a media organization or agency, preferably with a major broadcaster or other media company/platform.
• Knowledge of sports or sports media is a pro.
• Insatiable appetite for lifestyle and entertainment, in-depth knowledge of media and an extensive media network.
• Ability to build and nurture relationships with talent and key stakeholders.
• Proven record in supporting organizing (press) events.
• Dutch native speaker, Excellent written and communication skills in English.