Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Producer/Editor will pitch, write, shoot, produce and edit a high volume of video content based in NY (Discovery Channel and Science Channel). She or he will manage multiple projects at a time under the supervision of the Sr. Director/Executive Producer.
The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter who works well with other teams, is organized and has an eye for editorial that ensures compelling user experiences. Strong writing, Premiere Pro Video editing and camera operating skills are a must.
1. Pitch, write, shoot, source, edit and publish high volume of video content for on-air, digital, and social programming.
2. Handle short form programming including originals, lifts, cut downs and reversioning as assigned.
3. Provide on location production services as assigned
4. Work closely with Sr. Director/Executive Producer to prioritize projects and align editorial calendars with the rest of the multiplatform team
5. Contribute to streamlining workflows and asset organization
6. Archive and organize projects to Discovery Inc. quality & technical standards
7. Create sponsorship opportunities for Ad Sales clients. If sponsored, work with the client and Ad Sales to create high-quality web content that supports the client’s goals
8. Ensures that all editorial content published on all platforms has been cleared legally and meets the filter of the brand
9. As required for assigned project, coordinate and communicate with other Discovery departments.
* 5 years video/television/media production experience
* Proficient in Premiere Pro, After Effects and related post- production tools
* Proficient in basic camera operation
* Demonstrated skills and expertise in location video production
* Demonstrated skills in production and post production techniques
* Excellent script and creative writing skills
* Strong communication, administrative and organizational skills
* Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast- paced environment with the ability to meet tight deadlines
* Evening and weekend work may be required
* Great communication skills, a can-do attitude and collaborative working style are vital
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY