Operations Analyst - Domestic Distribution
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Domestic Distribution team is responsible for the distribution of Discovery’s 18 US networks, (linear and non-linear) including Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet and Travel Channel.
Ensure each affiliate that launches and carries any DCI network is under contract and in compliance with all terms of the distribution agreements with a specific emphasis on managing the affiliate operations related to AMS system information, affiliate launches and affiliate system change activities to support compliance monitoring and ensure proper billing and recognition of revenue. Provide supervision for the Operations Analyst while working closely with the Vice President, Operations to develop and oversee quality control procedures, accuracy of data, and efficiencies of workflow to ensure internal audit controls are met.
1. Review and process new and subsequent network launch requests for affiliates and work collaboratively with the compliance team to identify and resolve any outstanding compliance issues as needed.
2. Handle all signal transport requests working with the compliance team and contract analyst to ensure proper transport agreements are in place.
3. Manage AMS updates to ensure accurate system information relating to carriage of networks in support of compliance monitoring and recognition of revenue.
4. Partner with database authorizations to maximize efficiencies and ensure affiliates are authorized in a timely manner.
5. Process affiliate system change activities related to affiliate acquisition/divestitures, shutdowns, consolidations, and splits making certain notifications are processed within 120 days of receipt of notice as required by internal SOX audit guidelines.
6. Support the compliance team in the identification and resolution of outstanding compliance issues as needed.
7. Assist compliance team to resolve LIR issues, including confirmation of carriage, signal source, obtaining channel lineup/packaging information and updating AMS as appropriate.
8. Prepare reports and analyses using BI tools in support of daily tasks.
9. Special projects as needed in support of Domestic Distribution priorities.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and minimum 2 years related experience.
* Candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks and adjust priorities based on workload or direction from management.
* Demonstrated ability to work across multiple organizations and to interact with external clients.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point.
* Must possess a high level of self-motivation, commitment, and demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness.
* Cable industry experiences a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in United States.
tennessee, tn, knoxville