Media Coordinator, Paid Digital
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role is a position within the Media Strategy and Analytics team, specifically within the Paid Acquisition Strategy pod. S/he will assist in the development of paid digital media plans that are strategic and data-driven, with the goal of efficiently acquiring subscribers/users to GOLFTV, Motor Trend, and Discovery’s TV Everywhere platforms.
1. Work closely with the Media Manager & Strategist to ensure the day-to-day campaign needs are met.
2. Own the asset trafficking and delivery process to ensure all campaigns launch on-time with flawless execution.
3. Assist with the creation of digital tracking codes and setting up paid media attribution.
4. Help maintain key planning and benchmark documents, assist will campaign billing and budget management, and gather launch confirmation details.
5. Work with the Investment part of the acquisition team on asset delivery, budget management, and screenshots.
6. Assist with the reporting of strategic insights that can be leveraged across the team such as best performing messaging and audiences. This includes the constant collaboration of structured A/B tests with paid media campaigns.
7. Work closely with the internal Investment/Buying team to ensure campaigns are executed flawlessly and are optimized towards the campaign goal. This includes creative asset delivery/trafficking and the implementation of the necessary campaign tracking and tagging.
8. Responsible for staying up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies – particularly across paid performance marketing vehicles.
* Minimum 1 years of digital media planning experience.
* Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.
* Polished with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical with a comfort in dealing with numbers and reporting.
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours.
* Understanding of paid digital streaming and subscription ecosystem is a plus.
* Experience with Direct Response is a plus.
* Willingness and flexibility to “pitch in” with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger Media Strategy & Analytics team.
* Ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the everchanging needs of the television industry.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint.
* College degree required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
The Media Strategy & Analytics team is a central hub of excellence around media planning, buying, and strategy. Moving to an in-house media agency model enables a more holistic and integrated approach to driving multiplatform viewership of Discovery Inc’s TV networks and TV Everywhere streaming services (Discovery, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, ID, OWN, etc.), along with driving subscriptions to Discovery’s new direct-to-consumer digital streaming products (MotorTrend and GOLFTV).