Marketing Manager, Renewals
Discovery CommunicationsCharlotte, NC
Full Time Job
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
As the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms worldwide, Discovery Education is transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional learning, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving 4.5 million educators and over 50 million students, Discovery Education’s services are available in approximately half of U.S. classrooms, 50 percent of all primary schools in the UK, and more than 50 countries around the globe. Inspired by the global media company Discovery Inc., Discovery Education partners with districts, states, and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that increase academic achievement. Explore the future of education at our website.
This is a newly created pivotal role within the Customer Experience Marketing team and reports to the Director of Customer Experience Marketing. The Customer Engagement/Renewals Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing customer engagement plans that are strategic, data-driven and achieve renewal revenue goals.
This role will require you to have the passion to deeply understand our customers and how they are using Discovery Education products to influence the next step of the customer journey. It’s about collaborating with the Partner Engagement team and other key stakeholders to drive customer onboarding, usage and retention.
1. Ensure strategic alignment between Customer Experience Marketing and the Partner Engagement teams to deliver on shared goals and objectives.
2. Define the lifecycle strategy to drive customer usage including seamless trial conversion, implementation and onboarding, usage, upsell, and win-back for each product.
3. Regularly communicate plans and results and set expectations with stakeholders.
Message Strategy/Sales Enablement Development
1. Develop compelling creative and messaging to engage customers and drive usage, renewal and re-activation for different personas; decision makers, customers with a focus on creating brand evangelists working in partnership with Product Marketing, Creative resources and other internal stakeholders.
2. Partner with 3rd party customers to increase their customer-based usage, engagement and renewals through creative campaign development and execution.
3. Working with the Partner Engagement, develop sales enablement materials and collateral.
4. Ensure Discovery Education positioning, image, and messaging is consistent and strong across all of the customer engagement channels.
Marketing Campaign Development/Data Analysis
1. Build a deep understanding of the customer segmentation, needs of each segment and movement of the customers through the life cycle; onboarding, usage and renewal.
2. Leverage data models and customer insights to identify ways to segment and target customers to drive usage. Develop plans to test variety of hypothesis to drive engagement and usage.
3. Develop KPI’s for measuring performance, quantifying the impact of marketing activities and tracking ROI.
* Must have a passion for understanding customer segmentation and the needs of each segment as they move through the lifecycle.
* Ability to collaborate with groups across the organization including marketing, partner engagement, product, customer service and business systems.
* Demonstrated knowledge of developing messaging targeted to different audience personas.
* BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
* 5 years of experience in B2B marketing/sales
* Understanding and appreciation of sales and sales process in a B2B and B2B2G environment, K12 Education industry experience a plus
* Deeply analytical and a data-driven thinker
* Experience with the following systems:
o Content Management Systems (WordPress preferred)
o Salesforce.com (required)
o Marketing Automation Platform (like Marketing Cloud, HubSpot, Marketo)
o Web analytics tools (Google Analytics preferred)
o Event tools like Eventbrite
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a variety of audiences, including senior management, stakeholders and external agencies
* Strong interpersonal skills that foster teamwork, build confidence and support for one’s ideas
* Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Charlotte, North Carolina, NC