Marketing Coordinator, Customer Experience
Discovery CommunicationsCharlotte, NC
Full Time Job
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
The Marketing Coordinator, Customer Experience (CXMC) is responsible for providing marketing support for the Customer Experience teams to achieve retention, loyalty and renewal revenue goals. The CXMC will support the CX marketing team in implementing marketing strategies, targeted communications and merchandising initiatives across our partner district(s) in order to:
• drive usage of Discovery Education services,
• build wider awareness for our Customer Success services,
• grow Community participation in programs and initiatives,
• increase the uptake of Professional Development, and
• drive toward renewal revenue goals.
The CXMC will work with the Director Customer Experience Marketing to quantify the impact of the marketing activities in achievement of these goals.
Usage Stimulation and Customer Communication Strategies
1. Work with colleagues to execute multi-channel usage stimulation campaigns, including email, social, digital advertising, in product messaging.
2. Be responsible for keeping various marketing channels up-to-date with current timely content, events, or usage campaign promotions, coordinate the monthly calendar across key stakeholders.
3. Build and executive email campaign using marketing automation platform, Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
4. Help create, and maintain various customer experience web pages.
5. Create marketing toolkits that aide key district stakeholders in taking them through their Discovery Education journey, including but not limited to onboarding, usage stim, retention, and loyalty programs
National and Regional Post-Sale Events
1. Provide logistical and marketing support for Community and Professional Learning events .
2. Assist in the creation of event materials to ensure consistent use of templates and brand messaging.
3. Provide on-site logistical support, if needed, to support event set-up, execution and breakdown.
4. Provide marketing support as needed for events such as Virtual Field Trips or CEP/Network driven events
Product and Service Marketing Management
1. Create and adapt marketing materials as needed to support Customer Experience use cases for Community, Professional Development, Implementation, and Customer Support teams
2. Act as brand ambassador for customer experience marketing support materials
3. Create marketing templates and self-serve toolkits for high-use materials for internal teams
4. Support the Senior Manager in creating and adapt “self-service” onboarding tools for partner districts and educators
5. Work with Customer Experience teams to identify opportunities for merchandising the Discovery Education story in local markets. Develop localized marketing communications, merchandising materials and public relations opportunities that highlight partner success/benchmarking metrics
Systems, Data and Process Management
1. Ensure all marketing activity is tracked as appropriate to ensure reporting on activity and impact on customer usage
2. Use Google Analytics and other best practice tools to analyze campaign effectiveness and usage
3. Support Senior Manager to ensure customer touchpoints and communications are targeted, timely and relevant in order to avoid email exhaustion
4. Execute campaigns through Salesforce; track, report, and share results; test, learn, and apply insight to optimize usage stimulation metrics
5. Develop and distribute regular campaign reports to merchandise internally and to district customers, highlighting results, and key achievements.
* B.A. or B.S. in Marketing or Communications
* Experience working with K-12 Ed Tech company a plus
* Ability to manage multiple projects, solving problems quickly and confidently
* Excellent writing, copywriting, and editing skills
* Ability to follow style and brand guides to create original collateral and marketing materials
* Ability to manipulate data in Excel and understand trends
* Experience in the working with printers and online fulfillment centers
* Experience with Photo Shop (or other relevant design programs)
* Experience with HTML and CSS a plus
* Experience with CRM, email marketing, and event management tools a plus
* Attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload
* Ability to work as a team and in a fast-paced environment
* Candidate must be willing to travel approximately 20% with seasonal variations
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Charlotte, NC, North Carolina