Marketing and Content Coordinator
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The International Editorial Strategy team, based in New York City, is the creative content information and strategic planning lifeline between Discovery’s US networks and the international creative teams managing a variety of services reaching 200 countries in 50 languages around the world.
Our group is in search of a personable, motivated, junior-level administrative superstar with prior media experience to join our team. The primary role will be to manage international meeting planning and logistical support for two Directors (one based in NYC; the other in Maryland) – but there is so much more to this role.
An immediate need of our Group Coordinator is to support the Director of Marketing Strategy with the day to day operations of their team. We anticipate this to be 80% of the job in the short/medium term. Responsibilities and requirements below.
1. Work alongside the Director of Marketing Strategy to build and maintain partnerships with the US programming, marketing and digital teams to increase sharing of US campaign/media strategies, assets, promotional priorities, insights and best practices with regional teams to support franchise titles.
2. Work alongside the Director of Content Strategy to compile and share back creative examples with the US programming and development teams.
3. Communicate US marketing campaign/media strategies, promotional priorities, insights and best practices with regional marketing teams.
4. Assist in developing programming and marketing reports and presentations.
5. Providing day-to-day marketing strategy administrative support; Serve as primary contact for regional marketing teams for US brand and program research, logo updates, creative share requests, etc.
6. Be our shining star that anticipates management needs and keeps the “train on the tracks” administratively for your two Directors.
7. Heavy international video conference and in-person meeting coordination:
a. Time zone & calendar management: you can work out optimal meeting times when coordinating offices in multiple time zones with key attendees.
b. Establish great relationships with IT and AV peers: Ensure multi-region meeting locations are booked; up and running prior to start times.
c. Drive presentations and take notes for managers.
8. Provide logistical support for on and off-site meetings. Organize catering as needed.
9. Assist with ad hoc content and research projects as needed.
* 1-2 years of demonstratable administrative excellence supporting a busy office or team. International experience a plus. Media experience a plus x 2.
* Possess a strong commitment and interest in working in a fast-paced globally focused team-oriented environment.
* Be an enthusiastic go-getter who will take initiative and problem solve.
* Be articulate, personable, detail oriented and have strong organizational skills and communication skills.
* Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
* Have experience with or feel comfortable learning independently and urgently - multi-time zone meeting planning, video conferencing, room booking, mid-meeting AV trouble shooting and effective meeting note taking.
* Database and systems aptitude a must: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint required. Concur for travel & expenses, WorkPlace DCI internal systems, a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY