Manager - Web Product Portfolio
Discovery CommunicationsCharlotte, NC
Full Time Job
What are we looking for?
Discovery Education is seeking a growth-oriented product manager to oversee, lead, and help evolve our transformative digital learning K-12 web-based and digital instructional for our 40 corporate partner programs.
The Discovery Education platform has a library of over 500k learning objects and media assets, robust creation tools for teachers and search/discovery functionality to help teachers and students find just what they need. Our products focus primarily on workforce development, STEM learning, and niche curricular areas and span across the K-12 education levels.
If you’re passionate about transforming student learning and love building products that can make a huge impact, then this position is right for you.
1. Work with the team to articulate the vision and set the roadmap for our K-12, web-based digital instructional products sponsored by our corporate/foundation partners.
2. Work closely with web developers and engineers to allow for fast development and evolution of digital programs.
3. Partner with our research and analytics team to measure the impact of our program sites on both teachers and students.
4. Work with UX/UI designers to craft an ideal experience for both teachers and students.
5. Drive experimentation, including working with engineers to measure quality and assess the potential impact of new features on customers’ needs.
6. Assist in managing the prioritization of new features and bugs.
7. Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems.
8. Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
9. Communicate and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, including marketing, sales and customers.
10. Collaborate effectively with our K-12 team of product developers to engage in a holistic viewpoint of our digital products at Discovery Education.
* You have 6-8 years of product management experience and demonstrated success defining product roadmaps specifically for web based and platform products, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
* You have experience setting KPIs of product health and success and managing and iterating towards those goals.
* You have familiarity working on a cross functional team of front and back end web designers, engineers, user experience and interface designers.
* You possess strong analytical skills and are able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues. Experience with analytics packages (e.g. Google Analytics) and SQL are strongly preferred.
* You have experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
* You are experienced in setting and executing on a product backlog, balancing innovation, maintenance and support.
* You are experienced at creating and communicating a narrative about the value of data and platforms to transform end user experiences.
* You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and as part of a diverse team.
* You have a blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning, a deep knowledge of human-centered design, a love of data, and a background in and/or passion for K-12 education with instructional/curriculum experience
* You have a passion for identifying and solving real consumer and business problems, and proven ability to prioritize high leverage opportunities to deliver to market
* You have a bias to action and a proven track record of delivering both minimum viable products and scaled solutions within a matrixed organization to market at rapid speed
* You have a passion for and experience of not just launching products, but owning their success and growth
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Charlotte, North Carolina, NC
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Who are we?
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional learning, and the largest educator community of its kind. Serving 4.5 million educators and over 50 million students, Discovery Education’s services are in half of U.S. classrooms, 50 percent of all primary schools in the U.K., and more than 50 countries.
Discovery Education’s Corporate Education Partnerships (“CEP”) team is mission-driven and drives the organization’s public/private partnerships, collaborating across all sectors with like-minded organizations to support critical needs in the K-12 universe in order to drive youth achievement. The output of these partnerships includes cause marketing initiatives, workforce development solutions, and support for K-12 school service distribution in schools nationwide. We believe that access to dynamic learning experiences should not be dependent upon a student’s zip code and are committed to the transformation of teaching and learning in order to drive student engagement and achievement.
Explore the future of education at our website.