Manager - Marketing Strategy
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Join the team that positions, markets and messages the entire line-up of shows across Discovery and Science channels. We work hard to know our audience inside out and develop strong campaigns across on-air, cross and paid media to keep our viewers engaged and bring in new audiences. This candidate must be an energetic, innovative thinker with finely tuned project management skills and a passion for marketing.
The Marketing Manager, will report to the VP of Marketing Strategy and is responsible for the daily management of the positioning and messaging for show titles. This role will be responsible for marketing program priorities across both networks, managing the creation and delivery of creative assets, identifying strategic partnerships and managing consumer events and promotions
1. Develop 360° marketing plans for Discovery and Science using on-air, cross channel, digital and paid marketing tactics.
2. Work effectively with team members throughout the network portfolio including programming, production, digital, press, research, creative and Discovery GO teams to craft strong and strategic marketing plans.
3. Create compelling, persuasive presentations and decks to pitch new ideas, plans and partnerships.
4. Prioritize and manage multiple projects and shows at any one time.
5. Concept and execute out of the box and disruptive marketing strategies including social strategies, big ideas, events and sweepstakes.
6. Identify and activate unique and effective partnerships to extend marketing reach.
7. Write and develop creative briefs that help to position priority series and specials.
8. Management, training and development of Marketing Coordinator.
* College Degree combined with 3-5 years of professional work experience, ideally in a marketing, agency, media or entertainment company.
* Superior project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage timelines and a large number of deliverables and assets.
* Working knowledge and a deep interest for the entertainment industry, digital trends, new media technologies, consumer behaviors and emerging content business models.
* Collaborative team player with strong leadership skills, familiarity with complex, matrixed organizations.
* Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills are essential for this highly collaborative position.
* Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
* Direct experience in the consumer promotion and entertainment industry is a plus.
* Fluent in Mac environments as well as MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Must have the legal right to work in the US.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY