Manager - Integrated ASM Activation
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Integrated Ad Sales Marketing Manager will work on the execution of digital and linear advertiser integrated projects and marketing elements within Discovery, Inc. across Food Network, Cooking Channel and TLC. S/he should have a strong understanding of media and client management and be a strategic marketer. This position is highly collaborative and touches many different groups such as brand creative, editorial, sales and production. Seeking someone with a passion for creating strong digital and linear content, a great project manager, and has the ability to stay on top of urgent sales and client deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude.
1. Execute and manage integrated content marketing programs for advertisers within Food Network, Cooking Channel, and TLC including (but not limited to) in-show integration, social videos, short form, digital series and ad products.
2. Manage production timelines, activation overviews and deliverables for large-scale integrated executions.
3. Provide clear and concise internal and external communication to gather requirements/assets, manage production timelines, and provide client deliverables.
4. Maintain updates to existing activation templates for projects throughout the course of production in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
5. Foster strong working relationships with various internal Discovery teams including but not limited to Brand Creative, Programming Integration, Digital Editorial, Brand Marketing and Sales.
6. Ensure detailed project records are always up to date in Appian, a centralized project management tool and tracking system.
7. Collaborate with ad sales marketing partners to create new sales opportunities, refine existing opportunities, and improve processes.
8. Any and all other duties assigned by the supervisor.
* 3-4 years of relevant marketing experience (such as advertising agency, media sales/marketing, production, advertising-facing marketing)
* Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications or a related field, or equivalent combination of skills, training and experience
* Ability to travel domestically as directed to oversee client shoots and attend meetings
* Clear and concise written and oral communication skills
* Self-motivated, can work independently
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Must be a team player and a problem solver
* Comfortable working under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
* A demonstrated understanding of client service and professionalism
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and key social media platforms. Experience with Photoshop, web development platforms, and web content management systems a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY