Manager - FP&A
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis will report to the Director, FPA supporting the management of the financial planning and analysis function for the Global Technology & Operations dept (“GTO”). The incumbent will support the Director, FPA and budget owners of the GTO dept on all financial matters to ensure financial objectives are met.
This position will be based out of Knoxville, TN or Sterling, VA.
1. Lead monthly forecast, annual budget and LRP processes for GT&O business (annual budget of over $400M) and partner with business operations to achieve financial objectives.
2. Understand expense drivers, analyze trends and determine variance explanations for senior management reporting packages. Have a holistic view of business risks/opps and financial impact.
3. Lead financial modeling (ROI/NPV) and analyses for GT&O business cases and ad hoc projects.
4. Act as a subject matter expert with respect to FP&A forecasting tools for the team.
5. Analyze and maintain GT&O cost allocation methodologies to the divisions used in annual budget and monthly forecasts.
6. Facilitate communication between department heads / budget managers and the accounting / finance teams to ensure proper coding and accounting treatment of expenses.
7. Proactively identify best practices and facilitate their implementation
8. Support budget owners with issue analysis and resolution (via critical thinking while adequately considering financial impacts).
9. Manage Senior Financial Analyst and help train other staff members when needed.
10. Proactively encourage and maintain high standards of accountability within the team to demand and deliver superior quality financial information in a timely manner.
11. Work on special projects as needed.
* Minimum seven years experience in financial analysis, business planning or accounting.
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience. MBA preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, analytical, people management and interpersonal skills required.
* Superior problem solving and project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage a variety of projects and timelines.
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, work independently, and strong attention to detail a must.
* Strong Excel skills required. Knowledge of SAP / EPM required.
* Media experience a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN, Sterling, Virginia, VA