Manager - Content Operations
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Manager, Content Operations will play a key role in the launch of a global direct-to-consumer service. Responsible for carrying out the editorial vision of the SVOD service, merchandising content, contributing to development and acquisition efforts and managing daily content operations, the Manager, Content Operations will ensure the service delights consumers to meet aggressive engagement goals.
Reporting to the VP, Content Strategy & Operations, this position will work with Discovery and third-party production partners on commissions, acquisitions and repacks, managing budgets and timelines. This role will collaborate with the technology and product management teams to improve the platform to drive engagement, and with the marketing team to drive demand.
1. Plan and facilitate content development and production meetings, with Digital Studios and network development teams, for long-form and short-form content.
2. Fully evaluate content for distribution, including editorial fit, rights and window compliance.
3. Manage the trafficking of scripts, treatments, and materials submitted from Digital Studios and external vendors and track compliance with budgets and timelines.
4. Work with appropriate Discovery departments to onboard new licensing partners, producers, and talent.
5. Clearly communicate editorial requirements and standards of quality to outside production companies throughout development and production.
6. Execute programming plan, using internal systems to schedule content to publish and merchandise content on the service.
* At least 5 years of programming and operations experience in a television or digital media environment.
* Experience in startup or launch of network and International media experience highly valued.
* Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision and under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal, project management, and technical skills.
* Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in varying stages, and in periods of ambiguity.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY