Manager Business Resilience
Discovery CommunicationsMiami, FL
Full Time Job
As the Company’s business continuity champion, the Manager, Business Resilience is responsible for ensuring Discovery offices have been assessed and appropriate crisis and business continuity plans have been implemented to promote the safety and security of staff, visitors and the business. This position will report to, and work closely with, the Director of International Security and Business Resilience located in the U.K. to develop business continuity and emergency preparedness plans for global offices. This position will also develop strong relationships with Executives, Country Managers and Office Managers in our International offices. The role holder must be a knowledgeable resource in the event of crisis or threat of crisis.
1. Liaise with local staff at all seniority levels in global offices.
2. Determine security equipment and staffing needs for DLA offices and implements as appropriate.
3. Collaborate with DLA building property managers to represent Discovery’s interests in promoting a secure lobby and guest arrival process.
4. Collect data and write Crisis and Business Continuity (CBC) plans for new and existing offices globally.
5. Coordinate the development of regional Business Impact Analyses (BIA) as required.
6. Maintain the CBC plans by regularly liaising with all offices to ensure that accurate CBC data is always available and centrally stored.
7. Provide training and oversight to business continuity coordinators in creating and regularly updating department plans.
8. Carry out short training sessions, using table top exercises, for global Office Incident Management Teams (IMT).
9. As required, consult with and provide advice and guidance to Country Managers and their executive teams regarding incident and crisis management issues within their areas of responsibility.
10. Maintain a good working relationship with other Discovery departments involved in incident response, such as Facilities, IT, Cyber, Productions, Sports etc.
11. Prepare CBC plans for major production events, such as the Olympics.
12. Be part of the Discovery’s response to global incidents and crisis events.
13. Pre-empt compliance with Governance, Statutory and Legal requirements relating to business continuity.
14. In due course, to work with Procurement to ensure that 3rd party contracts are selected and managed with consideration of resilience and supply standards.
* Experience on a practical level of managing the response to Incident/Crisis events globally.
* Ability to write crisis and/or business continuity plans.
* A good understanding of global threats and risks and how they may impact Discovery activities.
* A self-starter capable of working either independently or as part of a team.
* Strategic thinker with a firm understanding of the balance between business imperatives and security structures in a thriving, global, creative media company.
* Ability to build and manage relationships, and instil confidence, with Discovery executives and business partners at all levels and in all cultures.
* Must be able to work on and prioritise multiple tasks related to various countries at the same time.
* Must be able to work well under pressure, both internal and external, and exercise sound judgment during stressful incidents.
* Ability to travel in accordance with business needs, this may (infrequently) include extended periods during the Olympics or other major events.
* Ability to deliver training or public speaking and can evidence strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Prepared to work extended hours, sometimes at short notice, to assist in responding to an incident.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years’ experience in Crisis Management, Security and/or Facilities Management.
* Ability to speak additional languages especially Spanish, French or Italian.
* Adult education/training experience/qualifications.
Miami, Florida, MIA, FL
The Global Security & Building Operations team develops and manages programs and services that promote a safe, secure and well-maintained office space while supporting the business needs of our customers.