Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
The Junior Editor position is the first tier in the Editing career path at Discovery. This position is a supporting role for Editors and Senior Editors in our portfolio of brands. Junior Editors will be encouraged and given the tools to develop and grow the skill sets needed to be a successful broadcast Editor at Discovery Inc.
All Junior Editors should have some knowledge of the broadcast environment and must be able to log, digitize/capture footage, and organize non-linear edit projects.
A Junior Editor must be able to work all shifts when necessary and subject to change, with the possibility of working with or without supervision.
A Junior Editor will be responsible for performing junior level editing sessions. These sessions may involve creating Avid and Premiere projects, capturing and logging footage, prepping and importing graphic and audio files and managing media and editing cut to clocks for domestic and International use. They may be tasked with keeping projects organized.
What You'll Be Doing
• Complete all edit sessions assigned.
• Ensure all deliverables are accurate and adhere to Discovery’s Global Deliverables.
• Work with all editors, management, audio and engineering to devise creative workflows.
• Must be able to recognize and alert staff of QC issues like frame rate, sample rate, and poor video or audio quality.
• Communicate project status to manager, clients, and editors.
• Maintain positive, constructive and cooperative working relationships with all clients.
• Document daily work completed via work orders and log time in scheduling software, or Workday.
• Perform other post production duties as requested by the editors or management.
***PLEASE INCLUDE A REEL OR EDIT SAMPLES WITH YOUR RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION***
What You Need To Have
• 2 years of editing/technical experience in Post Production
• Bachelor’s degree in TV/Broadcast, Communications or a related field preferred
• Attention to detail is crucial.
• Understanding and basic use of Avid Media Composer & non-linear editing platforms.
• Knowledgeable of various video file and tape formats.
• Work well under deadline-oriented atmosphere.
• Demonstrate ability to learn quickly, and a working knowledge of Post Production.
• Ability to work with multiple projects.
• Ability to collaborate and work within a team atmosphere.
• Ability to take constructive feedback and incorporate suggestions into daily work.
• Project management skills—including time management, media management, and organizational skills.
• Working knowledge of Photoshop, After Effects, and video encoding software.
• Personal computing skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
• Must be punctual and reliable both in attendance and in meeting deadlines.
If you're unable to attach samples to your resume, please send directly
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. at our website.
About Discovery, Inc.
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Jr. Video Editor in Knoxville, Tennessee to join our team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Volunteer Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more. Check it out!