Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
This position establishes and maintains accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, and prepares financial reports and safeguarding the organization's assets, as well as maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports.
What you will be doing:
1. Handle day-today, month and quarter end close activities
2. Prepare monthly international accounting accrual.
3. Participate in monthly international analysis against forecast.
4. Develop International HQ Packets (Quarterly reporting to NYSE/shareholders output stream), international HQ Reconciliations, International HQ Accounts Payable – payment submissions, etc.
5. Complete quarterly balance sheet commentary for international locations and present the commentary to finance leaders.
6. Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements for international locations.
7. Provide accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; respond to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs
8. Participate in high visibility and impact projects when relevant.
9. Support the implementation and expansion of SAP in new territories around the world
10. Facilitate the integration of newly acquired business accounting functions and responsibilities into Global Business Services structure and lead compliance with Discovery financial policies and procedures.
11. Work with Tax and Treasury organization to ensure effective execution of initiatives.
12. Provide support to acquisition due diligence and purchase accounting analysis.
13. Manage timely, accurate and complete delivery of US GAAP compliant financial information; resolution of accounting and reporting matters.
14. Facilitate research, analysis and reporting on corporate and division requests.
15. Work with Internal Audit and external auditors to ensure effective control environment and implementation of any SOX compliance requirements.
16. Prepare management reports including applicable accounting-related metrics and kpi’s.
17. Assist internal and external audit in their audit evaluation processes as requested.
18. Ability to utilize principles of analytical scientific reasoning to describe problems, obtain data, validate facts, and fashion out logical conclusions
What you need to have:
* BS/BA in Accounting or Finance and at least 1-3 years of international accounting experience
* Experience with large ERP system (SAP preferred), strong in Excel and PC skills
* Applies fundamental functional/technical and business knowledge typically gained through formal education to deliver assigned work
* Results oriented, strong attention to detail a must
* Seeks guidance on new or unfamiliar tasks
* Keeps others informed of workload, timeline, and resources needed to accomplish tasks
* Ability to work under conditions of pressure and adjust to urgent situations
* Ability to work independently as well as working collaboratively with team members across the organization and prioritize multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
* Attention to detail and accuracy as well as strong organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to foster positive working relationships across the organization
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It’s a plus if you have:
* Proficiency of SAP
* CPA (or working towards) preferred
* Experience in creating financial and other data models
tennessee, tn, knoxville
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for an International Accountant in Knoxville, TN to join our Global Business Services (''GBS'') team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.