Intern - Program Coordinator Contract
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Discovery’s Intern Program Team is a dynamic team dedicated to finding and hiring the top intern talent in the nation. We are dedicated to creating awesome experiences for our interns every semester and building alumni of amazing talent we hope to hire back in the future.
We are looking for a creative, hyper organized and dynamic coordinator to hit the ground running, supporting the Intern Program and other recruitment initiatives. The Intern Team loves a challenge and is looking for someone who feels the same and is ready to bring their own ideas to make the program the best it can be. The coordinator would have an interest in attracting top notch intern talent, planning events and constantly ideating cool new ways to elevate the program.
1. Manage logistics behind running the internship program day to day; including posting of open intern opportunities, and managing communications with University Career Centers
2. Ideating, planning and executing events from start to finish including Internship Speaker Series, Resume Reviews, Alumni Events, etc.
3. Source, recruit and hire for high volume of internship requisitions during spring and summer programs
4. Assist with communications to interns and managers
5. Monitor, respond and escalate messages received in the Intern Program Mailbox
6. Work as liaison during onboarding process to ensure provisioning runs as smoothly as possible
7. Attend and represent the Discovery Intern Program on campus at job fairs, panels, information sessions
8. Help to create orientation materials and ad hoc presentations
9. Stay abreast of industry trends
*0-1 years of internship, marketing, event planning or professional experience
*Must be extremely organized and have a keen attention to detail
*Must have event planning/ event management/ project management experience
*Ability to think creatively to add fresh perspectives
*Commitment to follow up and follow through
*Excellent written and verbal communication skills
*Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and video editing software a plus
*Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
This is a contract role
new york, nyc, city