Discovery CommunicationsSterling, VA
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc., the global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Digital Forensics Analyst to join the Global Technology & Operations team in our Sterling, Virginia technology hub. Working within Discovery’s Information Security organization, you'll closely partner with Legal and the IT departments to provide support of eDiscovery activities, perform forensic investigation activities and global security incident response activities.
Not familiar with Sterling, VA?
Many people know Sterling as a cozy little suburb of Washington, D.C., but it's also been named one of the most diverse suburbs in Virginia, best suburb for young professionals in Virginia and more.
What You'll Be Doing
• Assist with key components of the eDiscovery and Forensics Collection Workflow in partnership with IT and Legal departments
• Manage assigned digital forensic efforts in support of eDiscovery requests, staff investigations and enterprise computer security incident response including but not limited to internal and external intellectual property theft, attacks/intrusions, computer abuse and insider threat investigations
• Collect, process, preserve and analyze data from electronic data sources, including laptop and desktop computers, servers, and mobile devices per company policies and practices
• Maintain full Chain of Custody and evidence tracking
• Perform log, memory and RAW analysis
• Follow through on leads until all possible avenues in investigating a case have been exhausted
• Liaise with the Legal department and produce high quality oral and written work product presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely; organizing all relevant case information in easy-to-understand format
• Fundamental proficiency in electronic discovery with the Guidance EnCase platform, industry standard tools and practices applying technical and functional skills
• Keeping abreast of current best-practices, emerging technologies, and solutions in the context of eDiscovery and Legal Hold
• You have 3 years of experience in computer system and TCP/IP network forensics required, including: Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, iOS and Android operating systems
• You have a BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred
• You're a subject Matter Expert on the Open Text EnCase platform or similar platforms is preferred
• You have knowledge of Electronic Discovery and eDiscovery principles
• You know how to read and interpret PCAP and other network forensic data
• You have experience with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways or Other Computer Forensic Tools
• It's a plus if you have Digital Forensic and Incident Response Certifications such as GCFE, GCFA, CHFI, CCE, CFC, EnCE, CFCE, CEH, CISSP, CND, eDiscovery certificate
• You've demonstrated skill in performing post-incident computer forensics without destruction of critical data
• You're capable of acting as full-time on-call contact for escalation of a cyber security incidents and forensic responses
• You have experience with all imaging types and methods
• You're familiar with policies and procedures regarding chain of custody practice
• You're no newbie when it comes to proper forensic investigation techniques when working with compromised system images or files
• You have detailed knowledge of litigation and related discovery processes
• It's a plus if you have technical report writing experience
• You work well in a collaborative environment working as a member of a cross-functional team
• You're comfortable working in a fast paced, high pressure environment and have the ability to make decisions and solve problems quickly.
• Consistently improves team results by taking initiative and assuming more responsibility
• Must have the legal right to work in the US
The Way We Work
Discovery continues to grow around the world and across platforms. The Global Technology & Operations group provides technological infrastructure and operations support to ensure audiences can enjoy our content all over the world and across multiple platforms. Its platforms and product eco-systems are now engaged in terrestrial/free-to-air, OTT products and content development/production companies.
Our culture and leadership traits are in evolution as we expand from a traditional linear Pay TV business towards a convergent media and entertainment business that encompasses digital and mobile. Discovery is developing direct-to-consumer relationships, while delivering traditional platforms, with innovative solutions. Discovery is looking to embrace a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual.
About Discovery, Inc.
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. at our website.