Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support for the SVP-Global Business Operations, the SVP-Finance (Domestic Distribution), and the SVP- Chief Procurement Officer.
1. Schedule internal and external appointments, meetings, and maintain calendar.
2. Arrange all meeting details; e.g. scheduling conference rooms, bridge lines, catering, and audio/visual/IT support.
3. Coordinate and prepare meeting materials, agendas, notes, handouts, etc.
4. Function as administrative liaison to department staff, as well as, other Discovery groups.
5. Primary contact for al internal/external phone calls; route calls to the appropriate associates, take messages, return calls as directed, respond to inquiries on a timely basis, and provide routine information (within scope of authority).
6. Email maintenance and prioritization.
7. Compose correspondence, minutes, presentations, and other documents.
8. Open, review and disseminate non-confidential interoffice and external mail, distribute correspondence and other material to staff as directed.
9. Maintain hard copy and e-files.
10. Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare travel itineraries.
11. Prepare, process and approve (within scope of authority) invoices and travel and expense reports as well as timesheets.
12. Provide general clerical support (xeroxing, faxing, scanning, ordering supplies, etc.).
13. Spearhead quarterly events with external vendors and creative marketing department for premiums.
14. Responsible for handling confidential/sensitive information and documentation.
15. Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
* Minimum of five years of experience supporting executive level.
* Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, should be flexible, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
* Experience working with executives who are not co-located; ability to proactively and effectively work remotely.
* Exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a large, geographically disperse, team.
* Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
* Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
* Must have the ability to assess and juggle priorities, successfully complete multiple tasks/projects within required timelines, and to bring issues to closure.
* Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
* Demonstrated expertise in Windows applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
* Ability to create PowerPoint presentations and analyze numbers.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY