Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
As a critical role within the department, the EA is positioned for maximum learning (pace of learning dictated by EA’s demonstrated interest in the business & desire to understand business process and procedures.) EA has opportunity to take on additional work/projects as individual demonstrates mastery of day-to-day EA responsibilities.
Overview of Specific Responsibilities:
1. The Executive Assistant general responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordinating calendar & travel arrangements; scheduling meetings (internal/external); handling internal/external phone calls; ensuring that the appropriate information and messages are distributed---and are followed up on---in a timely manner; handling a broad range of correspondence, such as letters and faxes to clients, internal employees and vendors; EA is also responsible for handling confidential and sensitive information and must be able to do so in a professional & appropriate manner.
2. Manage the office of the CMO and SVP, providing proactive executive level support to ensure the strategic management and efficient functioning of all office operations.
3. Provide strategic executive level support for President of Global Distribution and CEO, Discovery Education when exec is working in Silver Spring office; closely collaborating with Charlotte based VP of Operations and Office Manager.
4. Provide support to team members, as able and is reasonable, based on workload
1. Coordinate and maintain calendar. CMO, SVP and President/CEO (when in SS office) should know well in advance meeting schedules (including key information such as who called the meeting, meeting location, who else is attending, length of meeting and agenda to be covered.)
2. Schedule travel arrangements, including but not limited to, researching air travel, car rental, hotel accommodations and all other related needs
3. Proactively make recommendations and take ownership of establishing an effective system within their offices for files, binders, and effective paper management, etc.
4. Manage logistics related to internal key client meetings; including securing conference room, greeting VIP clients, arranging for food/drinks (if needed), coordinating all related meeting needs (pre and post.)
5. Manage the financial processes of check requests, invoices and purchase orders. Arranges travel itineraries and prepares travel and expense reports.
6. Proactively collaborate with divisional administrative team to ensure optimization of best practices and team coverage, as needed
7. Accurately complete each project, while paying strict attention to detail, providing effective communication and follow-through, in a timely manner;
8. Research and solve problems independently of others and supervisor. If unsure, seek guidance from supervisor before supervisor has to initiate follow through;
9. Possess a solid understanding of business processes and department objectives
10. Perform other related duties and related support as assigned
* Bachelor's degree or Associates degree with equivalent work experience
* At least five years administrative, business or communications experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, writing and editing ability focused primarily on correspondence and related documents, highly responsible and sensitive to quick turnaround deadlines
* Candidate must enjoy working in a fast paced, team oriented, collaborative environment where everyone is committed to the success of the collective divisional goals and possesses the belief that each team member is critical to the growth of the business
* Demonstrated ability to think proactively, anticipate questions, problems & opportunities before they arise; making proactive recommendations for how to best handle/respond to each
* Ability to simultaneously juggle multiple priorities, while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor and good humor at all times
* Ability to build and maintain strong and beneficial business relationships;
* Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, prioritization, and administrative skills
* Candidate must possess a tremendously positive attitude, strong work ethic (the willingness to go the extra mile) and demonstrate consistent accountability, punctuality, reliability, teamwork, problem solving skills (internally and externally) and ability to communicate in a professional manner at all times--demonstrating an on-going commitment to a healthy work environment that lives DCI corporate values.
* Absolute proficiency is necessary in Windows, Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, PowerPoint (a must), Calendar Creator and Organizer, Access, and database management
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Charlotte, NC, North Carolina, Silver Spring, MD, Maryland