Director Project Management Facilities
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
In this high profile role, you'll be traveling the country 50% of the time to oversee all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality and risk) for sweepstakes properties including scouting, planning, design, construction, and closeout. You should be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines, ensuring that projects are completed within time and budgetary constraints.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Volunteer Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more. Check it out!
1. Scout for specific sweepstakes properties to be purchased and/or renovated in conjunction with Ad Sales Marketing (ASM) goals and their client's goals.
2. Negotiate purchase of property with realtor on behalf of organization understanding any restrictions that may come with building or remodeling home in area selected.
3. Work closely with ASM/Home Promotions and Ad Sales to understand which sponsors are coming into the promotion and what is required to fulfill their integration.
4. Identify, assemble and manage project team (builders, architects, crew, realtor) and support staff. Provide leadership to team members, both internal and external in all facets of project planning.
5. Establish relationship with location HOA for approval of plans and ongoing communications
6. Create build budget with ASM team, Ad Sales and additional internal and external stakeholders
7. Work with inside, outside and local counsel on builder agreements
8. Oversee development of project schedule and milestones, leveraging internal/external resources to identify challenges and establish clear path resolutions.
9. Track progress against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines reporting status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
10. Demonstrate ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
11. Ensure quality construction standards, use of proper construction techniques and monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
12. Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and monitor projects to ensure compliance with applicable codes and standards.
13. Negotiate property sale if applicable
* Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or architecture preferred plus 7 years’ experience in commercial construction or equivalent level of experience required.
* Project Management Professional (PMP), architectural and/or real estate industry designations preferred (AIA, BOMA, and IFMA) a plus.
* Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods, building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Project, Excel spreadsheets and pivot tables, and competence in AutoCAD and Bluebeam.
* Proven ability to analytically process data and determine conditions, develop new strategy/process and effectively lead and manage change.
* Must be exceptionally organized, structured, methodical, and attentive to detail and possess a high-degree of follow-through.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in working collaboratively and cross-functionally within the organization and the business to execute tasks under tight deadlines, demonstrating sound “relationship management” skills both within and external to the organization.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through clear and concise reports, meetings and calls and one-on-one dialogue.
* Must have strong presentation skills as well and represent the organization with poise, professionalism and confidence.
* Ability to work independently and produce excellent results in a highly dynamic work environment.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. on our website.
About Discovery, Inc.
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Director, Project Management-Sweepstakes in Knoxville, TN to join our Global Real Estate and Facilities group.