Director, Merchandising Analysis & Insights
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/26/2023 3:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Director, Merchandising Analysis & Insights jobs in New York-CA
Search all Director, Merchandising Analysis & Insights postings
Full Time Job
Current Warner Bros. Discovery employees will be given preferential consideration for this opportunity. This position will be posted for five business days.
*Location preferred in LA - open to Miami and NY*
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We’re home to the world’s best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
As a Director of Merchandising Strategy & Analysis, you will be joining the team responsible for championing a data-driven approach to editorial and merchandising activities in-app , developing frameworks and benchmarks for assessing performance, and providing insights and recommendations to leadership to influence decision making. This role requires a high level of collaboration with partners across WBD – the right person for this role is the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in ambiguity, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges. The Director position will play a key role in supporting relationships across teams and delivering high quality work in one of the highest priority business initiatives at Warner Bros Discovery.
• Develop frameworks and analyses for assessing key questions facing the business, including such areas as:
• How are our editorial and merchandising decisions impacting show performance
• What is the optimal way for editorial activities to live alongside machine learning algorithms
• Be an advocate for data-informed decision-making, making recommendations about how content performance should impact our merchandising choices
• Help our merchandising teams become data self-sufficient, utilizing metrics, dashboards, and tools to understand performance
• Collaborate with other teams, especially Data & Analytics, Business Intelligence, Tech, and Product to build the tools and processes necessary to drive strategy and analysis initiatives
• Work with stakeholders across multiple offices and time zones
• Provide insights to introduce recommendations to all discovery and HBOMax platforms in order to improve content consumption and increase subscriptions
• Lead a team of high-performing Associates / Managers
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 8-11 years of work experience, including 2-3 years in Consulting, Investment Banking, and/or Corporate Strategy, with at least 5 years experience in the media and entertainment and / or direct-to-consumer space
• Excellent analytical skills, with a deep attention to detail
• Superior ability to synthesize the output from analyses, identify the “so-what,” develop early hypotheses, and propose the next line of inquiry
• Experience in building executive-level materials, with a keen eye for presentation design, and the ability to distill complex concepts and analyses into clear, easy-to-understand presentations
• Possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Passion for entertainment, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends while figuring out what the future will look like with a relentless focus on creating and improving consumer value.
• Collaborative and diplomatic by nature, but also willing to take and defend data- and analysis-backed positions in the ongoing process and dialogue around content selection.
• The successful candidate must be motivated, disciplined, taking initiative and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• Should be energetic, positive, and resilient with a demonstrated ability to influence, build relationships, and drive projects among cross-functional stakeholders in a fast-paced, constantly changing and deadline driven environment
• Bonus points for modeling and statistical knowledge, such as forecasting, AB-testing, or statistical modeling and causal inference
• Proficient in Adobe Analytics, Microstrategy, Tableau, Excel, and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Team player and people leader
• Familiarity with the Google Suite of collaboration software
• Must have the legal right to work in the US
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $145,250 - $269,750 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros Discvoery is an equal opportunity employer. Warner Bros Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Transparency In Coverage
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com