Director Global Markets - DTC
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director, Global Markets will play a critical role in the launch and growth of a global direct-to-consumer service. Under the direction of the General Manager, and in partnership with product, marketing and programming leads, the Director will spearhead efforts to maximize distribution and to optimize service in markets outside the US. Oversees team of Region Managers. Shares global best practices across regions and business lines. Manages global windowing and local content acquisition. Manages distribution partnerships.
This new position is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced media business development executive to make a substantial impact on a best-in-class consumer service
1. Rapidly grow subscriber count by identifying and pursuing all distribution opportunities for D2C and channel store distribution of SVOD service. Lead efforts with domestic and international distribution teams to secure partnerships on most favorable terms.
2. Manage relationships with other Discovery teams around the world, to ensure the SVOD has access to all appropriate content in a window consistent with the company’s priorities.
3. Set localization strategies for each region, working with local Discovery teams; including languaging investments, local production and acquisition needs and editorial variations.
4. Led and mentor a team of geographically dispersed region managers, who will execute on the localization strategies and manage day-to-day business development in market.
5. Support General Manager and VP, Content and Strategy in refining consumer value proposition, representing the voices of the international consumer, distribution partners and Discovery International.
* At least 8 years of professional experience in a television or digital media environment.
* International media experience required, with a track record of closing distribution deals.
* Experience in startup or launch of network preferred.
* Strong leadership and motivational skills, with demonstrated ability to work with little supervision and under pressure to meet tight deadlines within budgetary constraints.
* Outstanding strategic business, interpersonal, project management, and leadership skills.
* Ability to consistently generate and execute new ideas.
* Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in varying stages.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY