Digital Sales Planner
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
The Global Sales Planner is responsible for building, executing, and maintaining media plans for GOLFTV. This role will work closely with internal sales personnel and external media agencies/clients. Some of the key department responsibilities include producing competitive media proposals matching client’s objectives, monitoring global inventory, managing the pre-and post – sales process and identifying new business opportunities.
The Global Digital Sales Planner will be responsible for supporting our fast-paced International advertising sales team based in London, Asia and the US.
Digital Planner’s primary objectives will be to participate in internal RFP brainstorms, develop bespoke media proposals for GOLFTV platforms, gather creative materials from clients and agencies, ensure campaigns are correctly set up and produce comprehensive post campaign analysis reports.
• Lead the creation of international digital media plans and ensure inventory is available to execute
• Input digital orders into the ad server and monitor inventory
• Liaise with clients and external vendors to get the relevant creative and tracking required for campaigns to go live
• Develop strong relationship with PGA Tour partners to drive cross-platform opportunities
• In markets where GOLFTV is using a re-seller, candidate to provide relevant information to the re-seller to help facilitate a deal
• Lead the campaign management process by liaising with ad operations to ensure correct campaign set up, reporting and optimization
• Produce end-of-campaign reporting and ad sales collateral as requested from clients
• Work with finance to ensure clients are invoiced accurately and on time
• Manage and maintain client directory and contact information in GOLFTV CRM system
• Help prepare presentations for agencies/clients and foster effective relationships with all external contacts.
• Experience in a pan-Europe digital planning role
• Background live sports OTT industry preferred
• Self-starter. Ability to work under direction but also work with initiative to over deliver.
• Strong numerical skills
• Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
• Highly organised and focused multi-tasker with strong attention to detail
• Flexible, organised and able to handle competing priorities
• Keen interest in digital advertising, sports and creative production
GOLFTV is a new international destination for golf fans created by Discovery, the global leader in real-life entertainment and home of the Olympics in Europe, in partnership with the PGA TOUR. The first-of-its-kind digital platform, which launched in January 2019, will include a dedicated video streaming service, ensuring you can watch many of golf’s most exciting tournaments, players and moments anytime, anywhere on every screen and device. The new venture from Discovery will seek to create a worldwide home for all things golf, with new content and features added on a regular basis to build GOLFTV into the ultimate golf experience.