Digital Media Coordinator - Programmatic
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role is a position within the Media Strategy and Analytics team, specifically within the Paid Acquisition pod. S/he will be focused on programmatic buying with additional focus on digital direct-to-publisher buying and digital ad operations as needed. Digital buys will be executed with the goal of efficiently acquiring consumers who will watch the various Discovery networks on all devices.
1. Assist in operating programmatic buying platforms with a goal of constant optimization to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of paid digital campaigns.
2. Work with Acquisition Strategy team to gain an understanding of campaign specific goals in order to build targeting and executional recommendations.
3. Work with digital publishers to build out private market places and/or direct buys when needed.
4. Assist with trafficking creative assets, uploading creative, and building out lines within platforms.
5. Help to set up campaigns with an eye for detail and accuracy.
6. Maintain and develop strong professional relationships internally (cross departments) and externally (media vendors).
* Minimum 1 years within paid digital buying, with hands on programmatic buying experience preferred.
* Experience with performance marketing and direct response campaigns is strongly preferred with experience in attribution and conversion tracking.
* Demonstrated expertise in media strategy and execution, ideally within a media agency.
* Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.
* Polished with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical with a comfort in dealing with numbers and reporting.
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours.
* Understanding of TV Everywhere and the Television ecosystem is a plus.
* Willingness and flexibility to “pitch in” with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger Media Strategy & Analytics team. Including cross-functional support to other bid-based buyers (social, programmatic, SEM).
* Ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the everchanging needs of the television industry.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel.
* College degree required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
The Media Strategy & Analytics team is a central hub of excellence around media planning, buying, and strategy. Moving to an in-house media agency model enables a more holistic and integrated approach to driving multiplatform viewership of Discovery Inc’s TV networks and TV Everywhere streaming services (Discovery, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, ID, OWN, etc.), along with driving subscriptions to Discovery’s new direct-to-consumer digital streaming products (MotorTrend and GOLFTV).