Digital Marketing Specialist - CRM
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery's Digital Media group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for thirteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, HGTV, and Food Network.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Digital Marketing CRM Specialist, you will play a key role in the evolution and success of our business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team. With your creative and detail-oriented skills you will gain an in-depth understanding of digital to help drive the success of the business.
1. Build, QA, and execute communication strategy across digital marketing channels for all networks, including push notifications, in-app messaging, and email, to drive digital viewership, reduce churn, and maximize lifetime value in close partnership with Digital Marketing & Programming teams
2. Partner with internal teams on the email campaign process workflow, including collaborating with Digital Marketing team on the marketing calendar, briefing in assets with creative/design teams and working with internal centralized email marketing team to ensure all emails are coded, tested, and deployed in a timely manner
3. Project manage all aspects of CRM campaign development to drive retention and engagement across all viewing platforms and channels to create a holistic and seamless user experience
4. Identify testing opportunities to drive maximum insights which can optimize campaign strategies, such as copy, subject lines, timing, personalization, audience segmentation, and more
5. Support the development and execution of automated onboarding and lifecycle strategies across CRM marketing channels
6. Work with stakeholders to enhance personalization and develop campaigns with a focus on creating a stronger one-to-one consumer relationship
7. Proactively identify roadblocks or campaign performance issues, including auditing onboarding and automated campaigns and providing successful resolutions
8. Collaborate with the digital marketing teams to develop new programs that will drive viewership to priority shows across networks
9. Work closely with analytics team to analyze campaign ROI, insights, and key performance indications associated with campaigns managed
* A savvy digital marketer who takes a data-driven approach to communicating with audiences on a one-to-one level
* A proven ability to onboard, nurture, and retain audiences within a digital environment, ideally with cross-channel retention experience
* A creative thinker who isn’t afraid of working with data to enhance campaigns and overall strategies
* Proven self-starter who can identify new opportunities or testing strategies
* An eagerness to learn and follow industry trends in order to drive innovation and key results
* 2-4 years of experience in a digital or CRM/retention marketing role. Hands on experience with marketing automation/CRM tools preferred
* Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
* Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
* Meticulous attention to detail & strong organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY