Digital Data Business Analyst
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
The Digital Data Business Analyst supports enterprise-wide management, understanding and use of digital behavioral and audience data. Optimizes all aspects of this data in our Adobe Analytics Platform. This person will also work with Ad Sales, Marketing, Product, and Analytics Implementation team(s) to optimize collection of 1st party data, derive actionable insights across all Discovery’s digital properties and assets; and champion Adobe Analytics implementation practices and data governance.
This role may be located in either Knoxville, Tennessee or Sterling, Virginia.
1. Collaborate with technical staff to outline requirements, implementation plans / technical solutions for standardization, timing and resourcing
2. Author detailed level documentation based on requirements, response for strategic planning, and stewardship of global analytic standards
3. Enable analytics and product teams to complete robust analysis around behavioural trends, competitive landscape, and customer segments by performing gap and ad hoc analysis to insure prioritize initiatives are achieved.
4. Collaborate across the company to identify and realize opportunities to leverage 1st party behavioral data collection within Ad Sales, product personalization, targeted marketing, audience insights, and analysis.
5. Promote Analytics implementation standards across all Discovery digital properties worldwide through knowledge sharing, round table discussions, UAT, defining governance practices, and documentation support.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
* Possess a minimum of 2-4 years of professional experience, within the Digital/Web Analytics field
* Role requires both domestic and international travel (20%)
* Familiar with digital media industry including audience measurement and analytics
* Familiar with Adobe Experience Cloud and Analytics/Omniture functionality and capabilities.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; Excellent written communication and oral presentation skills
* Hands-on experience creating insights from using raw digital data (site analytics, ad server logs)
* Be highly self-motivated, focused and capable of working both autonomously and with a team.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN
The Data & Strategic Insights team enables a holistic 360 view of the consumer and content for the entire Discovery organization. The team leverages a central research model with shared data and analytics services that can be accessed by all consumer-facing business functions. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team creates a shared, cohesive language with standardized data, metrics, and reporting to enable a global research community.