Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Designer (Digital & Print)
What You'll Be Doing
• Design/execute print, digital, photography/videography and some motion design pieces.
• Responsible for the entire project process from pre-production to final delivery of completed materials. Generates project timelines based on delivery deadlines, effectively communicates with all project personnel through each phase of implementation, monitors the project budget and confirms final deliverables.
• Direct photographers, video directors and talent on a production set for both brand promotion and sales clients. This includes: lighting, framing of shots, wardrobe/styling, tone and evoking performance.
• Collaborate with other members of the Marketing and Brand Creative departments in developing ideas and concepts for new and innovative network projects.
• Translate project characteristics and creative direction into concepts and design solutions, which further the network identities.
• Communicate and present concepts, design solutions and the final end product to the Creative Manager, Design Director and VP of Creative and other decision makers in a professional manner.
• Implement solutions with good artistry that can be easily redirected by Creative Manager, Design Director and VP of Creative as needed.
• Manage multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity and involvement.
• Take direction, work collaboratively and participate in internal brainstorming sessions with other creatives.
• Other duties as needed, to include assisting and collaborating with other designers as directed by the Creative Manager and Design Director.
What You Need To Have
• BFA/BS or related degree in Graphic Design and/or a minimum of 2 years in a corporate, agency, or freelance design environment.
• Proven strong design sense showing natural ability in working with layout, type and logo design as well as photography.
• Expertise in: print design/execution, digital design/execution, photography/videography, and a practical knowledge of motion design.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work well with others, in a team culture, and under very tight deadlines.
• Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications with expertise in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and knowledge of InDesign and After Effects a plus.
Who You Are
• You are a self-starter and strong team player who can work independently and responsibly.
• You monitor timelines and adjusts work as needed to achieve incredible success.
• You are a strong spoken/written communicator with the ability to develop creative, clear, and concise storytelling for a variety of audiences
• You have excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments at once.
• You can negotiate, strategize and coordinate people and processes.
• You're just as nutty and passionate about our brands and lifestyle content as we are!
Travel: Candidate must be willing to travel to shoot locations about 10% of the time.
*You MUST submit a portfolio of work to be considered for this opportunity.
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. at our website.
About Discovery, Inc.
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Digital/Print Designer in Knoxville, TN to join our HGTV brand team. In this collaborative position, you'll develop and execute design concepts for all marketing campaigns and projects for on-air and off air content that millions will see each day. Throughout the process you'll work very closely with the Creative Manager, Design Director and VP of Creative as well as external partners to our business.