Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Join the newly formed Design Division in the award-winning Discovery & Science Channel Marketing Team. This MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER position will be based in Los Angeles. While grounded in motion graphic design, the designer must be able to concept ideas that can work in all mediums from all aspects of print to digital, social media, and out of home applications, knowing that successful marketing is holistic and must be consistent across all media.
Work will include marketing/advertising campaigns and broadcast design, packaging title treatments and animation, some web design, logo animations, as well as various other formats to support and promote Discovery and Science Channels.
Ideal candidate can communicate their ideas and present them with self-assurance; passion for the business of advertising and design is reflected by selling in ideas and concepts to one’s direct reports and peers and can receive and interpret constructive changes and critiques with ease. All while ensuring deadlines, budgets and deliverables are met.
1. Collaborate with creative directors, art directors and producers to concept and execute advertising/promotional campaigns across all media – print, outdoor, web and TV…focus on animation
2. Ensuring quality and timely delivery of projects within budget and on strategy.
3. Coordinate and manage the release of appropriate files, from design to completion, select images and assign illustration, follow through and manage projects from conception to completion.
4. Keeping up to date with latest trends in international advertising and marketing.
* Must be a team player
* film/video design, animation, editorial, post production and live action
* Experience working with design and animation on quick turn projects
* Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment and able to work on multiple projects, in various stages of post simultaneously
* Ability to perform under pressure
* Integrity, strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must
* 2-5 year’s experience in design, animation or related fields
* Bachelor’s degree, Art School or trade degree in advertising/design /communications or art.
* Well versed in Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver).
* Proficiency in After Effects and 3D rendering a plus.
* Excellent typographical and concept design skills essential.
* Must be team player and be able to work on several projects under tight deadline situations.
* Cable or entertainment advertising/design experience or agency background preferred.
* Experience across multiple forms of content including both long and short form a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
Los Angeles, California, LA, CA