Data Science Analyst
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery Digital Media covers a wide array of vertical platforms, including TV Everywhere, OTT, VOD, DLTO, Social Media, and Virtual Reality. We are looking for a digital analyst that will be responsible for providing reports and insights that will help a variety of internal stakeholders make data driven decisions.
1. Acquire data from Discovery distribution partners and maintain databases/data systems
2. Track content performance over time and identify trends that may have an impact on how our content is consumed.
3. Work day in and day out with marketing, programming, and product teams to provide data and insights
4. Communicate insights in Digital product meetings, strategy sessions, emails, and presentations
5. Become well versed in a variety of analytics tools and evangelize digital analytics to promote self-service, efficiency, and best practices within the company
6. Work with developers to ensure site tracking is accurate across various platforms.
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
* 2 years of experience with web and social analytics reporting suites
* Experience with Google Analytics or Omniture
* Experience with Nielsen and comScore
* SQL, R, or Python is a plus
* Tableau or Microsoft PowerBI experience is a plus
* Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
* Demonstrates understanding of digital tracking and QA
* Rigorous attention to detail
* Comfortable and effective working in a dynamic and past-paced environment
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY