Convergence Online Editor
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
What Will You Be Doing?
• Watch shows for HGTV and DIY Network and determine how best to support them on our digital and social media platforms with appropriate copy.
• Create, launch and maintain show-pages and related content for new/upcoming shows.
• Coordinate with respective external production companies on deliverables for priority shows assigned to you.
• Enter content into a Content Management System (CMS)
• Write and build articles in a CMS to support priority shows – including light editing of photographs.
• Coordinate with internal team members to create photo galleries to support priority shows.
• Track updates and information regarding TV show premieres
• Work with an internal video production team and external linear production companies in the project management of show-related video.
• Coordinate with the social media team on ideas for shareable, trendy content such as original social videos and Instagram stories promoting shows and trending articles related to shows/talent.
• Track page views, visits, video plays and other key metrics
• Stay abreast of emerging technology, category and marketplace trends
What Do You Need To Have?
• BS/BA in Journalism, English or relatable field and/or 2 years of experience in print/web journalism or related field
• Proven writing and editing skills with sound editorial judgment and knowledge of AP style
• Ability to stay current in assigned topic area, industry areas and web trends
• Experience with web content management tools as well as social media platforms
• Ability to create web content from TV material and from original sources
• Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently, responsibly and adjust quickly and positively to change in direction in a very fast-moving group
• Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work to a deadline and attention to detail
• Advanced oral and written communication skills
• Ability to manage the work of others as well as to work in cross-functional groups
• Experience manipulating and editing photos digitally
It's a Plus To Have Experience In…
• Google Analytics and Omniture
• HTML and related web authoring tools (CMS)
• Adobe Experience Manager Content Management System
• Social Media Management
• Video Production
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. at our website.
About Discovery, Inc.
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
Discovery, Inc., the global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for an Editor in Knoxville, TN to write content and social copy for our digital and social platforms. In this dream role for a TV lover, you'll oversee digital content supporting our shows for brands like HGTV, DIY Network, Great American Country and Travel Channel.