Contract Corporate Recruiter
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, NY
Full Time Job
It takes an army of incredibly talented, passionate, creative individuals to make and distribute amazing content and that’s where we come in! Discovery’s Talent Management team recruits the best and brightest talent. We pride ourselves on hiring recruiters who are absolute experts at what they do.… passionate, with a keen eye for talent, well networked and always have their ear to the ground! If this sounds like you, keep reading.
As a Corporate Recruiter (contract), you’ll support across various areas of the business including but not limited to; Technology, Finance and Marketing. Day to day, you’ll lead recruitment for full-time positions of varying levels, partnering with a dynamic team of individuals, as they build teams that will continue to strengthen and expand our footprint.
This role can be located in Knoxville, Tennessee or Sterling, Virginia.
1.Handle full lifecycle recruitment for select business areas, sourcing talent creatively and cost effectively using a variety of available means, including leveraging internal succession planning process, employee referrals, social media, internet and print advertising, job fairs, list serves, etc.
2. Effectively identify, screen, assess, interview, and share talent with hiring managers for open roles, as well as building a strong pipeline of talent for business groups being supported.
3. Negotiate offer packages on behalf of the company with applicants at all levels in close coordination with HR generalists & respective HR specialist groups (benefits, compensation, etc.).
4. Ensure compliance with company and legislative policies.
5. Perform employment verifications and relevant background checks on final applicants as appropriate.
6. Facilitate the offer and on-boarding process through applicant tracking system.
7. Partner with HR generalists and Line Managers in creation of external succession plan for critical roles within organization that don’t have internal successors identified as ready in the short term.
8. Up-skill line managers by providing them with effective interviewing and networking techniques.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
* Extensive full-life cycle recruitment related experience in a client interfacing role in a corporate or agency environment.
* Experience in recruiting with a concentration in technical recruiting using a variety of different creative sourcing methods.
* Strong network as well as interest and ability to always be networking.
* Driven to be creative and innovative with approaches and new never-been-done ideas / programs.
* Interviewing skills and thorough knowledge of standard hiring procedures, contingency and retained search, and applicable state and federal employment laws.
* Experience with internet recruiting and creative sourcing strategies (ie. Social Media), HRIS systems and applicant tracking systems.
* Must have attention to detail, experience and proven ability to juggle multiple priorities of varying scales, and be able to handle confidential information with absolute discretion.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal clients and partners.
* Demonstrated skill and creativity in negotiation.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
This is a 6-12 month contract role
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN, Sterling, Virginia, VA