Content Planning Solution Release Lead
Discovery CommunicationsSterling, MD
Full Time Job
WBD is in the process of migrating all existing business unit financial systems into a single content-centric ERP built on the SAP S4 platform. A key component of this project is creating an integrated by-title planning solution, capturing business unit programming decisions to drive content forecasting. The Release Lead is responsible for defining and managing that capability, partnering with business-facing FP&A users as well as internal and external technology teams.
Can be based in any WBD office location
Current WBD employees will be given preferential consideration for this opportunity. This position will only be posted for five business days.
What you will be doing:
• Direct overall success of Content Planning solution, working closely with internal program management, external consultants, and key business stakeholders.
• Develop release-specific work plan, working closely with program leadership and parallel initiative owners in finalizing scope, timeline and overall management of release deployment.
• Lead consulting teams in information gathering to understand current content planning processes for all legacy business units
• Partner with WBD’s Global Content COE, content FP&A and accounting teams, and external consulting teams to ensure all requirements are captured, key design decisions made, and overall solution design addresses all business needs.
• Work with Global Process Owners, workstream teams and IT leads in executing the solution in a timely manner to the quality standards, methods and guidelines of the project.
• Manage Release specific RAID items (risks, actions, issues, decisions) for content planning solution, including escalation responsibility, removing impediments to progress and working with project leadership.
• Develop planning solution testing cycles, entrance and exit criteria, for each test cycle in collaboration with program management office and process leads
• Coordinate with organizational change management to ensure communications are development and issued to stakeholders, including key release timelines, impacts, testing, training and readiness
• Assist in the outline of roles and resources required to support the content planning solution on an ongoing basis
• Work with WBD’s Global Content COE and business FP&A teams to ensure all user requirements are captured, prioritized, and addressed
• Work with content and revenue system teams as well parallel S4 teams to ensure all technical requirements are communicated and met
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Strong background in content FP&A for the media industry, including financial modeling and reporting solutioning
• Deep understanding of content planning processes for the media industry
• General understanding of IT methodologies, best practices, and development processes
• General understanding of content planning solutions in marketplace
• Ability to think/act independently on tactical decision making to achieve strategic goals
• Ability to navigate across finance, business and technical organizations
• Capable of driving work, outcomes and decisions for a workstream
What you need to have:
• Degree or equivalent experience in Finance
• Certification or equivalent experience in Project Management
• Strong background in FP&A, content financial reporting, or financial systems
• Previous project implementation experience
• Experience creating databases / data sets for financial reporting and visualization tools
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
It’s a plus if you have:
• Experience with SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $104,930 -$194,870 salary per year.
Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Discovery requires vaccination for employment consideration, except where prohibited by law. Discovery will consider requests for exemption from this requirement upon an offer of employment. Employees with approved exemptions due to health or religious reasons must abide by weekly rigorous COVID-19 testing protocols.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Transparency In Coverage
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com