Compensation Consultant & Sr. Analyst
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery’s Total Rewards team is committed to developing comprehensive compensation and benefits strategies that align employee rewards with the company’s business objectives – enabling Discovery to effectively attract, reward and retain top talent around the world.
The Senior Compensation Analyst will be primarily responsible for providing compensation support to assigned client groups, including interpreting salary data, and performing analysis to ensure competitive positioning within the marketplace for salary adjustments, promotions, and new hire requests. Additional responsibilities include implementing and administering compensation policies and programs, analyzing US sales compensation plan performance, conducting and participating in salary surveys, and supporting the Sr. Director of Compensation in various projects.
1. Completes in-depth analysis on Reward programs; conducts research, analyses data and identifies trends across Compensation programs. Conducts data modelling, cost analysis and produces recommendations to support new initiatives or enhancements to existing plans.
2. Translates analysis into creative PowerPoints and dashboards. Develops and delivers training / presentations to educate HR and managers on Compensation initiatives. Develops communication materials to educate employees about any changes
3. Collaborates with the HR Management team and assigned business units to ensure they are clear on Discovery’s compensation philosophy, policies and pay guidelines.
4. Acts as Compensation lead for management of 3rd party compensation management tool vendor, Payfactors, ensuring smooth data transfers and reporting.
5. Researches internal client issues (market competitiveness, pay inequity, etc…) and responds to requests in a timely manner providing expert consultation on complex issues.
6. Applies job evaluation techniques to establish competitive and equitable compensation rates based upon the compilation of internal and external information with a focus on non-exempt and professional positions; analyzes data and presents findings/recommendations on promotions and base pay adjustments to the Director of Compensation and/or assigned client groups.
7. Supports the merit and incentive award process by ensuring assigned business units are conforming to overall guidelines.
8. Participates in special projects including creating and enhancing compensation communication tools, sales incentive compensation plan design support, FLSA review and Executive Compensation.
9. Participates in global compensation surveys (benchmark, input and evaluation of results), and liaises closely with HR and Business partners to understand local market and industry pay levels.
10. Create simple and engaging functional tools in relation to Compensation for HR, using advanced MS suite skills.
11. Keeps apprised of federal (FLSA), state, and local labor and compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure compliance.
12. Attends internal and external training programs that pertain to compensation, systems or survey forums.
13. Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
* Experience analysing and communicating sales incentive plans.
* 5 years of Compensation, HR Generalist, or related business experience
* Strong analytical skills and mathematical aptitude required.
* Ability to assess processes and make recommendations for improvement.
* Strong time management skills.
* Knowledge of spreadsheet applications, HRIM systems (SAP preferred), and Mercer ePrism software or related compensation management system is a must.
* Excellent customer service skills with a high degree of timely, well thought out problem resolution.
* Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of management.
* Ability to prioritize and work on multiple requests.
* Ability to manage sensitive and confidential issues.
* Finance, Statistics, or data analytics experience
* Experience supporting sales compensation plans is highly desired
* Experience supporting merger and acquisition activities preferred
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY