Cash Application Specialist
Discovery CommunicationsMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Manager of Credit and Collections, the Cash Application Specialist is an integral member of the Order to Cash Team at Discovery Latin America. General responsibilities include processing customer payment transactions for our Latin America customers. Additionally, the Cash Application Specialist is responsible for delivering key performance metrics around turnaround times and accuracy, maintaining effective relationships with internal customers, and general auditing and reporting.
1. Accurate recording of transactions to customer accounts
2. Perform bank, client account reconciliations and GL reconciliations
3. Performs reconciliation of daily deposits to the cash postings
4. Follow up with collectors on unapplied payments from customers.
5. Resolve discrepancies
6. Communicate and follow up effectively with all departments involved in the order-to-cash life cycle
7. Assist in month end closing and ad-hoc reporting
8. Ensure compliance with financial policies, standard operating procedures, as well as service level agreements
9. Assume responsibility for SOX and internal control activities in relation to cash application, ensuring integrity and compliance.
10. Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
* Fluent in Spanish
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience
* 1-3 years of experience working with the Latin American market
* Knowledge of general payment processing procedures and foreign currencies associated with the Latin American region
* Ability to compile, analyze and interpret financial information and data to facilitate decision
* Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills required
* Proven ability to create detailed line item account reconciliations
* Ability to build strong professional relationships
* Excellent communication skills; demonstrated professional, tactful problem-solving skills
* Honest, trustworthy and dependable
* Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
* Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Miami, Florida, MIA, FL