Associate Manager - Partner Engagement
Discovery CommunicationsCharlotte, NC
Full Time Job
Discovery Education builds strategic partnerships with school districts to transform teaching and learning through the implementation of engaging standards-based K-12 digital curriculum, delivery of intensive professional learning, and engagement within the global community. The Partner Engagement team plays a critical role in achieving our goals of providing the best customer experience in education and demonstrating the educational impact needed to retain and grow our district partnerships.
The Partner Engagement Associate Manager will be instrumental and accountable in supporting the Partner Engagement team with renewing and upselling within accounts, to ensure the team meets the corporate renewal and upsell objectives. This includes working with Partner Engagement regional teams to provide internal account health updates, prepare partner presentations and generate/ analyze usage data and provide usage stim, engage in customer-facing lifecycle management activities for strategically assigned accounts, support marketing campaigns and customer outreach, actively recruit partners for Discovery Education events and track accepted invites, manage contract addendum queue in SF and act as an internal/external POC for such addendums, and act as a liaison between the Partner Engagement, Customer Support and Marketing teams.
As needs change from the field, the Partner Engagement Associate Manager will work with the Partner Engagement Leadership team to prioritize responsibilities and support accounts accordingly. This role reports to the Regional Director/Senior Manager
of Partner Engagement.
1. Establish and build strong, trusting relationships with key post-sale contacts including Curriculum and Instruction, Technology, Accountability, Senior Leadership, Administrators, and Teachers
2. Collaboratively establish structured rollout plans including user management, Professional learning support, and stakeholder
3. Work collaboratively with the implementation point of contact to identify barriers and develop strategies to ensure success as specified in goals
4. Weekly review of renewal reports and prioritizations to help secure renewal and upsell revenues.
5. Generate usage reports for all products; provide follow up/usage stim activities based upon usage analysis
6. Provide outreach to partners on lifecycle implementation activities such as introductory phone calls, advising partners about SSO, and sending follow up welcome emails to new partners
7. Provide support with tracking contract amendments, contract deliverables and due dates, along with renewal status, as well as outreach to customer to manage such activities
8. Actively recruit partners and track accepted invites for DE events
9. Act as a liaison between the Partner Engagement team and the Customer Support team to provide internal data about requests for customer support
10. Provide remote customer-facing focused support as needed
11. Create proposals and execute renewal process to ensure timely renewal of business
12. Additional projects to be assigned as needed
* BA/BS degree
* 3 years of work experience in a fast-paced corporate environment
* Proven ability to multi-task and proactively keep organized
* Proven ability to showcase customer service skills
* Strong PC or iOS skills, with a high level of proficiency in Excel, Word, and web 2.0 platforms
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Charlotte, North Carolina, NC, Silver Spring, Maryland, MD
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. We believe that access to dynamic learning experiences should not be dependent on a student’s location and are committed to partnering with ministries of education, school organizations, and like-minded corporations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Our team is collaborative and mission-driven, continuously looking for innovative ways to enhance our services and expand our positive impact on the education universe. We offer the unique combination of being a recognized industry leader with global reach along with the excitement of operating as an entrepreneurial start-up focused on innovation and growth. If you are looking to work in a creative and fast-paced environment with talented and passionate people committed to changing the world through education, now is the time to join the Discovery Education team!